Author Topic: Buying in village  (Read 8908 times)

Offline Honey Bee

Buying in village
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 20:09:19 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Firo

I agree with the comments above by Rindiloo and the Crinklies.
As for looking at houses I would suggest you hire a car and have a good look around the village as lots of villas are for sale with signs outside. Also go to lots of agents so that when you make your choice you know that you have the right house for your purposes.
Avoid the area on the left of the dual carraigeway as there are problems with foreigners buying there at the moment (hopefully it will be sorted soon).
Check that the place you want is on the village plans and they have a Tapu and living permission.
Having said all that I would highly recommend Uzumlu as a fabulous place to live and the villagers are friendly and welcoming if you make an effort with the language.
Best of luck
Fi

Thanks for your reply.

We were out two weeks ago and back again in early Oct to buy. We are looking at a plot with villa to be built by next year. It is on the right hand side of the dual carraigeway coming from Calis. All checks are being completed (I hope this area is ok).

We are looking for a holiday home within a Turkish environment as we have been coming to Turkey for 10 years and have seen lots of changes but are looking to spend more time each year until we retire.

Thanks for your advice

Colin

Offline Honey Bee

Buying in village
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 20:05:23 PM »
Hi all,

Thanks for your reply's

Hope to see you all soon

Colin

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Buying in village
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 22:59:50 PM »
Well,all the best for finding your dream plot.  One thing to bear in mind, it gets cold in the winter.   I was told this and thought 'so what'.  BUT the issue is the villas not being insulated.  So, when having a place built, I would thoroughly advise using Utonk blocks for the walls as they are like the Thermalite blocks used in the UK, they have good heat retaining properties.  It is my one big regret about this villa.   I had no idea they could be used here.  I thought seismic blocks were the only ones allowed.  Huh!

Whatever they cost would soon be recouped with lower heating  (and cooling) bills, I think.  And the villa would be more comfortable.

Offline peecee

Buying in village
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 13:45:37 PM »
You can also get insulating polysterene now.  Just had a room divided and it's been done with a metal frame, insulated inside and finished with plasterboard.  Costs a bit more but should be warmer.  Also, make sure they put some kind of insulation in the floors because, as Rindaloo says, Winters here are COLD (no central heating or very expensive to run) and ceramic/marble floors laid onto concrete is freezing!

Offline Diverbaz 1

Buying in village
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 17:20:14 PM »

If having a villa built, consider installing underfloor heating, lots cheaper to run and a warm feel to the floors in winter.

Baz 8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Buying in village
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 17:33:00 PM »
Also consider a builder who will build what you asked him to and obtain the habitation certificate rather than not bother  :)

Offline scorcher

Buying in village
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 22:33:46 PM »
Colin - all good advice from all so far ! The firm that built our villa will from now on install under floor heating and are at the moment investigating the best options.It does get cold in Uzumlu and should you require any more info. on this feel free to pm me on this.Best to get this right at the start! Carpet slippers cheapest solution!

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Buying in village
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 23:37:54 PM »
LOL yes slippers and walking socks, a must. Fingerless gloves for keeping fingers nimble on the old keyboard.  AND a kaftan made of blanket material (I kid ye not).  Anyone know where I can get a heated toilet seat??????

I have just been told that Utonk blocks can crack when we have mild earthquakes.  So, I wonder if the best option is two layers of seismic blocks with a sandwich of polystyrene in between.  -Anyone??

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Buying in village
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 07:22:49 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Rindaloo

LOL Anyone know where I can get a heated toilet seat??????

Rindi, you are not kidding !!   You can keep nice and warm and cosy but getting up in the middle of the night for a wee and then hitting that loo seat......enough to send you into orbit !!   Bring back those furry seat covers from the 1960s thats what I say !!!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Buying in village
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 07:37:19 AM »
why do you think the Turks use squats!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf