Author Topic: Death threats  (Read 10447 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Death threats
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 15:55:19 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Firo

He said he hates the English

Bet he doesn't hate their money though

It just occurred to me, that won't worry you two much - what with you being Welsh  8)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Death threats
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 16:05:55 PM »
It always seems pretty quiet when we have passed there.  He certainly hasn't done himself any favours with this drama.  -He was wrong on so many fronts.

Offline Firo

Death threats
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009, 16:59:07 PM »
Many thanks to all of you who have offered support through the forum or direct. We are still looking over our shoulders as he was so venomous towards me personally.
Hopefully the fact we have pressed charges and in the cold light of a sober day he will have calmed down but it will take a few quiet nights before we settle down easily. At the moment I am in fear of repeat performances.
It has been a very thoughtful day in our home and when we had an unexpected house viewing earlier we would have taken any offer. Unfortunately they didn't like Uzumlu!
It's hard to carry on as normal when in fear of a repeat performance. It seems his wife has left him in the last few months as well. The signs outside his restaurant have been taken down late this morning and when speaking (in our limited Turkish)to Eddies Dad we think he said that the Jandarma had closed him down.
Once again for everyones moral support it has helped us a great deal.
Fi
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 17:38:06 PM by Firo »

Offline elaina

Death threats
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 09:56:49 AM »
Dear Fi and Eric,  Please don't leave Uzumlu.  I know i haven't been to many of the quiz nights as I don't live there but I really enjoyed the ones I did attend.  Please don't take any notice of these threats - I think it boils down to one thing and that is jealousy.  I know what it is like to be threatened - I took no notice and I still come to Uzumlu and enjoy it - I have to because I have my apartment there.  But it scared my daughter so much so that she has only been to the apartment once because as she says she has her children to consider - in a way I don't blame her because if anything happened to them I would never forgive myself.  It is such a great shame because it is a beautiful place.

Offline Honey Bee

Death threats
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 11:03:55 AM »
elaina,

Why and for what reason was you and your family threatened?

Was this also in Uzumlu?

Offline Old Daffodil

Death threats
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2009, 13:18:26 PM »
I am sorry you have been frightened by this man, it must be horrible to feel like that. Good luck.

Offline hoops man

Death threats
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2009, 14:59:52 PM »
dont worry ..usually these things just go away...if someone was going to cause you harm they would have by now......let it run its coarse.All will be as per norm before you know it.....

Offline Cadbury

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 15:02:30 PM »
We would just like to add our support to you and Eric. Let us hope that this was just one stupid raki fueled incident. As many others have said we feel that Üzümlü would be the poorer if you both decided to leave... and where would we go for the lardy cake!!

Offline Firo

Death threats
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2009, 18:01:17 PM »
Sch....don't mention the lardy cake  ;) Hope you enjoyed it :D and thanks for your support.
Fi

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Death threats
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2009, 19:24:32 PM »
Hasn't blimmin' well given me any.....  (rethinking my praises of that woman).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf