Author Topic: Calis Children In Need Night - Friday 20 November  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Pi55y

Calis Children In Need Night - Friday 20 November
« on: October 23, 2009, 07:09:08 AM »
This year's annual Calis Children in Need Night will take place on Friday  20 November at the Golden Moon Hotel. Planned to coincide with the popular "Children in Need" charity night in UK, this fun family event will raise money for local children. Kicking off at 7.00, the evening will include a fun themed quiz, musical entertainment (to be announced - watch this space!), party games, a killer pool contest, giant jenga, roll a lira, raffle, karaoke and many surprises. Fancy dress is optional but there will be a prize for the best outfit. Carnival mascot Tommy Turtle will also be making a guest appearance for the kids [:o)].

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 16:12:47 PM »
More details on the Calis Children in Need Night ......

The annual "Calis Children in Need" Night will take place on Friday 20 November at the Golden Moon Hotel in Calis.

Planned to coincide with the popular "Children in Need" charity night in UK, this annual fun family event will help raise money for the Calis Carnival charity, helping disadvantaged children in the Calis /Fethiye area.  Kicking off at 7.00 pm there will be musical entertainment (watch this space for details!!!) , a fun themed quiz with a bottle of wine for the winning team, party games, doughnut eating contest, apple bobbing, bottle roll, giant jenga, raffle, killer pool contest, fun karaoke and many surprises!  Tommy Turtle will be making a guest appearance and we hope that other people will come in fancy dress, although this is optional - but there will be a prize for the best costume!

Entrance to the event is free and for those who wish to eat the Golden Moon Hotel will be providing  a limited  menu of  Fish and Chips and Chicken and Chips at 10 TL or egg and chips at 8 TL (to order  please ring 0535 8554919 or 0536 3739520).  The hotel will be donating 1 TL from their beer price to the carnival charity.   It should be a great night and we would love to beat last years total raised of 1,200 TL

For those who do not know the location of the Golden Moon turn right along the canal by the Calis water taxi bridge and the hotel is 100m on the left.   Alternatively the main entrance is down past the Oykun Hotel on the left hand side.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 16:18:52 PM »
The river is 100m down on the left Chrissie :D

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 16:24:09 PM »
Ooops  :-\  Sorry right (unless you want a quick dip first:D )

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 11:57:09 AM »
As "Children in Need Night" is all about children, what better way  to start the Calis event than with a short concert of music from the talented youngsters of the Sanat Music School in Fethiye.  The boys and girls will be performing at 7.30 so please make sure you get there early to enjoy them.

At the other end of the scale veteran popular performer Dennis Davey has again kindly agreed to sing for free as well as run the karaoke later in the evening.  A big thanks to Dennis  :)

Watch this space for further info on this event :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 12:00:46 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Pi55y

...the talented youngsters of the Sanat Music School in Fethiye...

At the other end of the scale veteran popular performer Dennis Davey has again kindly agreed to sing

That's very cruel Pi55y, Dennis has talent too

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 12:29:50 PM »
Ooops meant size :D Oh no thats as bad  :-\ how about age - maybe not  ;)

I'll start again before I get into deeper squidgy stuff - lovable, cuddly kind-hearted Dennis will again be doing his highly talented performance to help raise money for the kids :D:D:D
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 12:31:26 PM by Pi55y »

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 01:48:56 AM »
Priceless reversals.  :D:D:D

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 17:54:24 PM »
If anyone planning  to attend the Children In Need night next Friday, 20 November at Golden Moon Hotel wants to eat, please can you e-mail me with your requirements so that I can advise Mete for the catering.  Thanks.

Offline cheers

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 22:17:27 PM »
sorry Scunner am I right or am I wrong that on an earlier post you said  that you should not use "Quotes" from earlier posts, that you should use (i) or (ii) to reply as everybody knows that that means you are you are replying to the last post or the post before that as people were getting fed up re reading earlier quotes?  Or have I missed the point and you just used a quote.  Sorry have I lost the plot or have I drank too many Baileys that it has fogged my brain
Do we use previous quotes or not  8) :-\ :)[?]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf