Author Topic: Very Sad  (Read 4112 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Very Sad
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 13:48:59 PM »
One was from Catalarik and the other was from Uzumlu and was a relative of a neighbour of ours.  Very, very sad.

Offline suec

Very Sad
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 13:58:01 PM »
Pookie we know that one was from Kizabel and we were told the other boy was from  Niff . We spoke to school friends of the boy from Kizabel this afternoon. So heartbreaking to speak to them.
We now know that the other lad was from Gunlukbasi and not from Niff.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 12:52:06 PM by suec »

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Very Sad
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 14:07:26 PM »
AH sorry one might well be from Kizilbel, my mistake.  I might have misunderstood.

Offline Old Daffodil

Very Sad
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 15:50:25 PM »
So sorry for the families involved. My condolences to them.

I have seen a bike in the Ovacik area which has LAZER LED lights on it and they really are something. The bike can be seen very easily with these added and they can be bought in a variety of colours. Not sure if they are in the shops here but they are sold on the internet.A crash helmet is such a good idea but it would be even better not to be hit in the first place. I am no expert but the advert says they are just plugged into the bike somewhere.

As a car driver I find it very hard to see motorbikes at times as they do not always have lights on even at night and if they do mud can splash over them.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 16:45:14 PM by Daffodil »

Offline Old Daffodil

Very Sad
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 18:19:06 PM »
Just heard on another part of the forum that the lights can be fitted for less than 50lira in the garage area opposite the Otogar in Fethiye.

Offline tytots

Very Sad
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2009, 07:06:41 AM »
So very sad. Condolences to their families. We came across the accident just after it happened & I've not been able to stop thinking about the young boys & their families since, which I'm sure is the same for suec.

Offline alec

Very Sad
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 13:51:17 PM »
Ugur's family in Kizilbel very much appreciate your expressions of condolence.  He was the passenger; he broke his neck and it's doubtful that a helmet would have saved him.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf