Author Topic: Suggestions for Carnival Flag  (Read 7014 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Suggestions for Carnival Flag
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 11:59:36 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgeous_bird

a wavy blue stripe at the bottom and orange at the top,

CBF colours, I like it

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 12:17:05 PM »
Too complicated [?]

Offline CAROL BROWNE

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 20:23:06 PM »
a picture of the sunset as you all put a lot of sunshine in peoples lives. well done. would it be possible to do some fundraising in
the summer months.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 07:21:11 AM »
Hi H, again very good suggestion but it is not just for posters etc, it is to have flags printed for use on the carnival route etc and we want to be able to re-use them each year so that they become recognisable and being the tight skintflints that we are we only want pay out once  ;)  (ps on another matter,  phone call from mum today - all received ok thanks  :))

Carole - as soon as the Carnival is finished and we have tied up all of the loose ends we all go into hibernation until September when the fundraising calendar starts again.  It is only a 3 month gap and to be honest it is too hot and we all need a holiday!

Please keep the ideas  coming - all of them will go into the melting pot in the next few weeks to be considered.  Thanks :D

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 08:54:50 AM »
Just realised Highlander, your first flag was my initials - even greater suggestion :D

Offline CAROL BROWNE

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 09:17:09 AM »
only thought that people coming on holiday could help with fundraising,
perhaps just a raffle or by making a donation.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 12:09:40 PM »
I've always thought that Croatian football fans look spectacular  in their red and white checked shirts and especially so when they are all waving their simple red and white checked flags.

So here's another two suggestions.  One copied straight from the Croatian fans with the orange being the setting sun and the other with the same orange and with the blue being the sea (also famous CBF colours of course).

Perhaps supports of the carnival could have tee shirts made with some of the proceeds going to the charity.

PS A finally thought on my first flag if I may. Although it may lessen the effect, would it be any less offensive if the colours were changed - say blue crescent and star against white background (think it's the case that there is a flag with white crescent and star against blue.

That's it from me, I'll shut up now.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 07:45:00 AM »
H, A change of colour could work - it will go into the suggestion box as will all of the other ideas from this forum  - like I said please keep the ideas coming :D

Carol - we will give some serious thought to your suggestion. Any fundraising in that summer period would have to involve the Carnival Committee otherwise it would not be legal out here but I am sure we could manage a raffle or something.  Certainly holidaymakers could really help us by bringing out donations of items for raffle and future tombola sales - any unwanted gifts, hard to get groceries, bottles of duty free and so on - it all helps to raise money for the kids.  We will also accept financial donations for which official receipts will be issued and any loose change can go into one of our collecting buckets.

Fundraising aside, we are also looking for people to bring out materials for the carnival event itself that we find difficult to obtain here in Turkey and are also looking for sponsors to financially sponsor various elements of the week.  If anyone has any ideas on how they can help please contact me.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 07:46:04 AM by Pi55y »

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 22:48:47 PM »
As you know before Christmas we were asking for suggestions for a carnival flag.  Well these suggestions are now being seriously considered.

A member of the carnival committee who will remain nameless (but he wears a blue quilted jacket with a drawer string hood) has carried out an in depth search of flags on the internet and advises that they should be only 3 colours, not contain any figures or letters,be instantly identifiable and look as good droopy as when flying - a really tall order :D

If you have any more ideas please get back to us as we will be selecting a design in the next few weeks.  Thanks  :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 13:30:36 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Pi55y

... and look as good droopy as when flying - a really tall order :D

That could apply to apply to some of the poeple who have made suggestions ;).

More seriously, does it have to be three colours.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf