Author Topic: You missed a great night!  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Pi55y

You missed a great night!
« on: November 18, 2009, 23:22:20 PM »
The first monthly charity night meal held at Roka Restaurant in Calis tonight was a great success and will now be repeated every month throughout the winter.

Fehmi and Tulin Erol, who have lived for many years in Sweden, took over this character restaurant opposite Calis Sunday Market several months ago and in a short space of time have established themselves as one of most popular restaurants in Calis  

Tulin who has recently joined the Calis Carnival committee, wanted to  do her bit to raise money for the Carnival charity, helping disadvantaged children in the Calis/Fethiye area. After discussion with her husband, they  decided to hold monthly charity night meals at their cosy  restaurant with all proceeds from the meals, except the staff wages, going directly to the Carnival charity.

Tonight guests sat down in front of a roaring log fire and enjoyed a delicious meal of deep fried borek with cheese filling, a mixed grill of beef steak, chicken, lamb chop and meatballs with rice.  chips and salad followed by dessert of famous Roka special scribble chocolate cake with ice cream - all for the bargain price of 25 TL

It was a brilliant relaxing evening, the food was delicious and the ambience was lovely with quiet background music and good conversation. Usually when people go out to a restaurant to eat, all the money goes to the restaurant owner. In this case you get to enjoy a delicious meal and most of the money goes to help the children.

The Carnival Committee would like to give a huge thanks to Tulin and Fehmi for their generosity and support.

The next Charity night meal takes place on Friday 11 December so to avoid disappointment please book your tickets early by e-mailing me or ringing the carnival numbers  0535 8554919 or 0536 3739520.  All tickets booked will be entered into a raffle for a bottle of wine

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 17:40:42 PM »
Chrissie - would you mind putting names to the faces.

Just curious.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 17:52:38 PM »
Ok the ones I can make out are clockwise left to right, Suzie, Chris (Fethiye Gardening Club), Dieter, Ulla, Janet, Mavis (Hubblebubbles), Rod, Me, Pat Temmuz (Fethiye Times and Olu Deniz Folk dance group), Iain (Editor of Fethiye Times) and Pete (Captain Squiffy).  I cannot see who is in the background.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 17:55:22 PM »
Wow I didn't pay too much attention at first look but assumed 2nd clockwise was Tinx :D

Sorry Chris (Fethiye Gardening Club)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf