Author Topic: It's Friday Night, It's Crackerjack time !!!!  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Pi55y

It's Friday Night, It's Crackerjack time !!!!
« on: November 20, 2009, 08:14:12 AM »
It's Friday night - it's Crackerjack!!!!

Who remembers the popular TV  children's programme Crackerjack (come on tell the truth  ;))  Well tonight is Friday night, it's 7.00 o clock (this would still be the original 5.00 slot in UK :D) and its  Crackerjack time!  The cult Double or Drop game will taking place at tonights "Calis Children in Need" Night and you could have the chance to win yourself a crackerjack pen or pencil or even a cabbage!

Don't forget besides this trip back in time we will have the children from Sanat music school playing at 7.30, there will be lots of silly games, giant Jenga, roll a lira at a bottle of duty free, a fun quiz, killer pool and Dennis Davey will be singing later in the evening and leading the Karaoke.

You will also have a chance to win a Pudsey Bear complete with a bottle of brandy and a meal for 2 at Mosaic Bache Restaurant in Fethiye (thanks to Nichola and Dogan)  in our Children in Need raffle

The annual Children in Need event takes place at the Golden Moon Hotel in Calis tonight and kicks off at 7.00 pm. We hope that lots of you can make it  :) :) :)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 08:32:10 AM »
I remember it well :-\ and I also remember the kids had to hold a few cabbages, Have you seen the size of cabbages over here :o

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 08:49:50 AM »
Exactly but who said anything about children :D:D :D

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 08:51:50 AM »
Another great night started with the childrens music school playing classical to rock music they were superb, our own Leslie Crowther with his cabbages and good old Tonny turtle well done everyone.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 08:57:48 AM by karaokemark »

Offline busybee

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 13:08:23 PM »
Wot a brilliant Children in Need nite we had.  It was great to see so many folk having a good time and participating in all the fun. The food was great, no long waits and piping hot. Thankyou all for items that were dontated and everyone's genorosity in giving to our very own "Children in Need".  Mete was an absolutely star and worked tirelessly thru the nite ensuring people were looked after.  Dennis Davey and Lisa made the evening go with swing and of course did this for free. There were so many good singers there last nite on the karoke. Needless to say I'm wasted today............

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 13:33:10 PM »
No change there then Barbara. Don't forget up at 5 a.m Sunday for the car boot.. Just loading my car up. We had a great time last night and Mete and his staff were superb. Lovely venue.... Now back to bed for an hour. What a way to spend my birthday...

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 21:53:45 PM »
It was a really good night and well supported.

The madcap evening kicked off with music from the talented kids from Sanat Music Scool, all aged between 7 and 15. They included two rock Bands "the Bands with no names" and their take on Pink Floyds "Brick in the Wall" was great. Tommy Turtle then made a guest appearance and gave them all presents of Carnival baseball caps.

A fun quiz of childrens questions for adults with wine for both the winners and the losers then took place before the Crackerjack game where there was a lot of dropping of cabbages! (not sure who won this as I was outside getting very sticky running the doughnut eating contest) Although Lisa had made the most sugary jammy doughnuts ever - still 3 people managed to eat them without licking their lips and Sunnyd's son did it for the second year running! Well done

Diverbaz won the Guess the number of sweets in the jar competition. In the garden kids were batting rats, bobbing apples and building a giant jenga tower whilst the "big kids" were playing Killer Pool or trying to balance their loose change on lemons (don't ask!).

The raffle was won by Mrs KM who chose the meal for 2 at Mosaic Bache (thanks Nichola and Dogan) and then, as Mrs KM also had the second winning ticket, she asked for the prize of Pudsey Bear and Brandy to be auctioned off.  Tom Moss was the highest bidder and he then generously donated it back to auction again! What a night!

The party then got going until the small hours as singers Lisa and Dennis Davey got everyone up dancing. Tom also gave us a song and there were some really good karaoke turns.

About 150 people attended and we took 900 TL on the night - so after a few expenses we made 812 TL for the children - a big, big, thank you to everyone and a big, big thank you to Mete and the staff at the Golden Moon who were great.

Unfortunately my camera played up during th night so if anyone has any pictures, particularly the crackerjack game  and the doughnuts please can you e-mail them to me.  Thanks

Chrissie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf