Author Topic: Sunday's Car Boot was the biggest ever  (Read 7015 times)

Offline Pi55y

Sunday's Car Boot was the biggest ever
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 23:06:11 PM »
Hi Kevin, I'm not sure about the Car Boot in Hisaronu as this has nothing to with Calis Carnival Committee, but there will be a Calis Car Boot on Sunday 21 February and Sunday 21 March so you should cath one of these depending on how long you are out for.

Offline milliemars

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 10:59:23 AM »
The car boot in Hisaronu is not a patch on Calis Boot and I live in Ovacik.There is also another secondhand market in Fethiye the first wednesday in every month.It is at the fruit and veg market that is under cover.

Offline ex-cheltenham lady

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 18:22:48 PM »
It may be a good atmosphere for all on the front on Sundays, but what about the market traders' livelihood suffering.  After all its not about making money for the bars and restaurants - its about helping the Turkish Community.  A Car Boot Sale on a Sunday is only a tradition in Britain because thats the day that most people are not working.      The majority of Brits here are not working any day of the week, so maybe to serve all of the Community and traders, pick a day when the impact of the Boot Sale will not harm local tradition, after all, its been around a lot longer than the Carnival.  It was a shame to see the Sunday Pazar so empty last weekend.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 18:30:06 PM »
We don't sell fruit and vedge at the car boot sale, and if people choose to shop for clothes at a car boot sale it's because they cant afford the prices being asked for at the market, maybe the traders should look at themselves and return to traditional prices.

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 18:38:03 PM »
My post did not say "dont have a Car Boot Sale" it implied that if the CBS was held on a different day (either Saturday or Wednesday) when nothing else is happening in Calis, local traditions are not then compromised.     The bars, restaurants and the local traders could all benefit.

Offline milliemars

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 18:42:42 PM »
I was at the Sunday Pazer the previous 2 sundays before the Boot fair and there were very very few people there,Turkish or British.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 18:42:59 PM »
and the people working all week could not attend?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 18:44:56 PM »
Call me superhuman but when I lived there I managed, when necessary, to go to the car boot sale AND the sunday market all in the same day. Absolute tosh, ex-cheltenham person. Besides and furthermore, the sunday market can be pretty empty any week outside the main season, whether the car boot sale is on or not.

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 18:45:54 PM »
I dont remember Saturday being a weekday and yes, there was Veg for sale the CBS along with sausage rolls, and duck pies and pate, is this Turkey or Little Britain.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 18:46:50 PM »
we run a stall there and still go to the market in the afternoon, so Im more superhuman than you!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf