Author Topic: Üzümlü lovers  (Read 8090 times)

Offline phil1839

Üzümlü lovers
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 16:08:38 PM »
I think basically we just need to be left alone to get on with our lives in Uzumlu without interference. We don't want to work and we don't need to produce beer or wine. If we need anything I'm sure we can sort it for ourselves.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Üzümlü lovers
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 16:49:56 PM »
That is incredibly rude Phil. Someone is asking what British people might find beneficial and you tell him Brits can sort it all out for themselves and snub him terribly. Youi don't want Turkish people offering to try and improve the village for you? Do you believe you are speaking for all Brits in Uzumlu? It certainly comes across that way.

I doubt I've read a nastier reply to a question since CBF began, and that's saying something.

Offline phil1839

Üzümlü lovers
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 17:13:02 PM »
Scunner, I'm sorry it sounded that way it wasn't meant to be rude, things sound worse in print than if they are actually spoken. I don't speak for everyone I only speak for myself. It's probably difficult to say what I mean without making it sound worse, I have a lot of Turkish friends who over the years have helped me considerably.

Offline rhali

Üzümlü lovers
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 17:18:50 PM »
thanks Scunner, you are very kind Phil.....

Offline Old Daffodil

Üzümlü lovers
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 19:24:01 PM »
Being able to find a really good cup of tea or coffee is always a good start for me! A reasonably priced meal and a warm friendly atmosphere is good too. :)

Offline mikrik

Üzümlü lovers
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 20:33:01 PM »
Hi Rhali,
Maybe you should explain more clearly what you are are asking about and why.  

Do you live in Uzumlu or are you intending to come here to live?
Do you want to start a business in Uzumlu?
Are you in a position to do anything for all the people of Uzumlu?
And most importantly if you talk to the mayor will he pay any attention?
If you would like to visit Uzumlu and have a look around you will find that there are good restaurants and bars here.
If you would like to talk to the people why not visit the Winehouse for the wine tasting on Friday night and make yourself known to the locals. There's always a warm, friendly atmosphere and I'm sure you will be made welcome by the regulars and by Cener and Ian the owners.
I'm sure that that invitation would be extended to all by Cener and Ian.

Offline elaina

Üzümlü lovers
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 22:06:48 PM »
I think rhali knows all there is to know about Uzumlu after all he was managing director of Robin Hood Design and Construction.: :): :)  By the way what has happened to my 5 year guarantee[?]:D:D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 22:12:55 PM by elaina »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Üzümlü lovers
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 22:13:04 PM »
He's not claiming he doesn't know about Uzumlu, he's asking what might improve it in the opinion of British people living there. This aggression towards him is difficult to understand at this stage.

Offline Firo

Üzümlü lovers
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 22:36:46 PM »
We have been asked, by the baskan, in the past what the Brits want in Uzumlu. The answers were given to the Baskan and he fluffed around, gave excuses and basicly did absolutely nothing!:(
If you want to know more about the original requests/ideas please get in touch and I can forward them onto you.
I wish you luck in your meeting with him but I do not hold much hope of any help or interest from him as far as the expat community is concerned apart from taking our taxes.
A prime example are the new roads, laid in March and April, which in the majority of cases stopped short of any expat homes...we don't have a vote so why bother giving us decent roads?
Any help would be gratefully received if you really think you can acheive anything, but I would have to ask how you could influence the Belidiere?
Fi

Offline peecee

Üzümlü lovers
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 06:19:12 AM »
Perhaps he's trying to ingratiate himself in the hope that he'll sell more houses?.
Perhaps, Scunner, the aggresion comes because most people here to do know him or know of him?
And no, Mikrik, he doesn't live here.  Why he thinks the Baskan would listen to him is beyond me.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf