Author Topic: Burns Night Supper  (Read 3816 times)

Offline Pi55y

Burns Night Supper
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 09:12:12 AM »
We popped into the Harman Hotel yesterday and it is a lovely venue with lots of atmosphere so it should be a great night. The staff are smashing and want to make it a good night for us.

Don't forget that tickets are on sale at the Nil Bar, Bostans or Cafe Soul Restaurants in Calis or from me (please e-mail me through the forum)

Guests will be piped into the hotel by  local bagpipe player Charlie (Neesie 1171's other half), where they will receive a welcome drink before sitting down to enjoy a delicious meal of lentil soup, Haggis, "Neeps (real swede!!)  and Tatties" and a choice of  cheesecake, tiramisu or apple pie with cream or ice-cream. There will also be savoury mince  "Neaps and Tatties" or a vegetarian casserole for those who do not wish to sample the delights of haggis.

The formal ceremony of piping in the haggis and the dramatic "address to the haggis" will be followed by short toasts before guests are invited to take the floor to learn traditional Scottish country dancing led by dance teachers Sine and Colin (Osman on the forum).  There will also be a Scottish raffle of a hamper of Scottish goods (includes whisky, shortbread etc) as well as a special prize of Scottish merchandise.

Tickets cost 27 TL, the same price as last year, and as numbers are  limited please book early.
5 TL of the ticket price will go towards the Carnival charity, helping disadvantaged children in the local area
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 09:15:13 AM by Pi55y »

Offline Tiff

Burns Night Supper
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 13:57:28 PM »
Hi there where is the Harman Hotel please ? I take it is not the same venue as last year ??

Offline Pi55y

Burns Night Supper
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 12:09:14 PM »
This years Burns Night Supper will be a really international affair as we have a mix of Scottish, English, Turkish, German, Lithuanian and Kazakstanian guests booked already - now that should prove interesting as I have enough problems understanding  the Scottish speeches  ;)

For those who do not know the location of the Harman, it is the nice hotel half way down the road that runs between the Aqua Park and Cafe Pazar.  The evening starts at 7.00-7.30 and there are still some tickets left so please contact me if you want to book (the menu is listed earlier in this thread).

And for all those that live in the surrounding area that might hear some strange noises from 6.30pm on,  don't worry - it will be Charlie our piper piping the guests into the hotel :D

Offline Pi55y

Burns Night Supper
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 09:21:45 AM »
There are still a few tickets left for Burns Night but the haggis is now in short supply.  If you want to come to this event but haven't bought your tickets yet, please can you e-mail me asap as we need to know the numbers for the catering.

Thanks  Chrissie

Offline Pi55y

Burns Night Supper
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 20:56:44 PM »
Tickets now sold out - sorry to those who missed out

Offline Osman

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 14:25:55 PM »
Well done to everyone - it was a fantastic night and the Harmen did such a ggod job-lovely welcome,great atmosphere,good food(served hot) and the tartan waistcoats were a lovely touch. Thank you from all at E&M(Turkish & visiting).
Tinx should be renamed twinkle toes!!

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Burns Night Supper
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 17:48:37 PM »
Agree it was a good night the place was nicely decorated welcome from the bagpipes, good hot food, good dancing and good company nine different nationalities. The savoury mince was superb my thanks to the comis chef. ;) well done everyone.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 18:11:35 PM by karaokemark »

Offline Pi55y

Burns Night Supper
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 15:54:46 PM »
There were actually 10 nationalities at the Burns Night as we had guests from Scotland ,England, Wales, Ireland, Isle of Man, Turkey, Germany, Russia, Kazakhstan and Lithuania - a real international event.

Again a huge thanks to the staff and management at the Harman Hotel who pulled out all of the stops to make sure it was a great night than ran smoothly without any hitches (great drink prices too :D)  and  also to Hilkat of Pera Organisation who did a great job of decorating the hotel.  We are already in discussion with the Harman for next year (yes we have 4 bookings already!) and they are going to offer a good rate for B & B next year so that people do not have to book taxis.

Also a big thanks to Charlie, Sine and Colin for their part in the evening.  After the cost of putting on the event we raised over 550TL for our charity. Thanks to everyone who supported  :)

And now for more photographs......

« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 15:55:53 PM by Pi55y »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf