Author Topic: Watch Out Burglars About!  (Read 14821 times)

Offline peecee

Watch Out Burglars About!
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 06:59:56 AM »
Well said, Corbindallas.
Regarding the roadblock at The Hunter's Lodge whilst they were a deterent I think they were there more for drink/driving  
I would agree that some kind of neighbourwatch is set up.  However, if a meeting is arranged I would strongly suggest that the meeting IS NOT held in one of the restaurants.  Walls have ears and it seems odd to me that the houses targetted invariably seem to know when people are out.

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 09:58:56 AM »
As requested Dinger and I have arranged a meeting for Thursday 21st January at 2pm at the Cadianda Resturant (Mustafa's).

I would please request you pass this on by word of mouth to any ex pats who may not read this, as we need to ensure as many people attend to decide how best to take this issue forward, we have made it during the day so as to avoid any conflicts with other evening engagements and also hopefully everyone will be available and feel more comfortable to attend.

This meeting is only for us at this time, the mayor and jandarma have not been invited, as we need to ensure that this is better supported first, so as our concerns can be presented more strongly in future.

The last meeting was attended by about only 7 households when this clearly is a wider problem here, and to this end we cannot take things forward as a community if we do not support each other, so please if you are here and available come and have your say.

I appreciate advice re posting info on time and dates and holding this at a resturant but frankly we do not have any (free) alternative or way of trying to inform as many ex pats as possible.

Hopefully see you there.

Andrew

Offline suec

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 10:03:00 AM »
I agree with your comments Peecee it does seem rather strange that these people seem to know when the people are out.
We have noticed since Wed the jandarma are patroling down and around the Denizli road on a regular basis, it seems like every 3 hours and also on through the night.Our dog is causing havoc with his continuing barking as they pass. During the night we were concerned that it was prowlers until we got up to investigate..It was the Jandarma walking past so i must also appologise to our neighbours for the noise. I like to think he is a good detterent.
It does look like something is being done on thier part, hopefully this may help to keep these so and so's at bay.
If a meeting is arranged, like you say Peecee preferably not in a restaurant, we will gladly attend.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 15:02:49 PM by suec »

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 10:15:19 AM »
We will be there same as last time  :)

Offline peecee

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 15:30:21 PM »
Will be there.  Would it be worth putting notices in shops and other cafes?

Offline jackie.bond

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 16:17:18 PM »
hi,
my friends/my husband and i will all be attending the meeting.
my husband said, if anyone needs a guard dog, they can hire me for an hour or two. lol. cheeky man
street lighting is always a good idea.
i think we should all look out for each other.
lets be honest, turkey is still MUCH  safer than the uk.
you all seem like very caring, and helpful people.
lets all work together to keep ourselves safe.
x

Offline Firo

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2010, 23:26:25 PM »
We will publisize this on our next quiz night on the 20th Jan the night before so if any one has forgotten the date it will give them a reminder.
Fi

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 08:50:44 AM »
Thanks Fi, peecee I would hope that we can let people know by word of mouth rather than adverts in shops as it may be better to not paste it everywhere. Obviously we want as many ex pats to know about it, I think if we can start as we mean to go on and be neighbourly we should be able to inform everyone as needs?

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 09:03:56 AM »
Sorry we cant be there, will be at your next ,Calvin

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2010, 14:01:53 PM »
Unfortunatley I have just heard there was another burglary last night to a ex pat's bungalow situated near the round house resturant, the intruders where disturbed by the resident and 2 people ran from the premises and made their escape in a white vehicle, another vehicle reported to be a old Hyundai people carrier also made of at speed from near the football club on seeing the 2 make thier escape from the bungalow, this was around 7.30pm. I will try and get more info on this.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf