Author Topic: Embrace and Calis Carnival help local Creche  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Pi55y

Embrace and Calis Carnival help local Creche
« on: January 26, 2010, 16:09:42 PM »
Several months ago internal renovation work started on the empty Ibrahim Gul School high school building on the Gunlukbasi road in order to turn the old building into a crèche for local youngsters aged 3 to 6 years.  Although funding was received from the government for the internal building works, there was very little money left to buy equipment for the youngsters so associated Calis charities, Embrace and Calis Carnival, stepped in to help out.

Embrace who hold weekly coffee mornings and clothes sales on Wednesday at the Bambu bar on Calis seafront purchased 3 large air conditioning units for the classrooms at a cost of 3,000 TL whilst Calis Carnival Committee provided a big bouncy castle and a television for the youngsters.

Last week members of both charity organisations were invited to the school to meet the youngsters and following a tour of the classrooms, enjoyed tea and cakes with the staff.

Again thanks to everyone who supports both charities - we will continue to let you know where the money, that you have kindly helped us to raise, is being spent.

Offline feznut

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 17:06:40 PM »
??

How can they have no money?

Our neighbours child attends there and along with all the other parents pay 190TL/month plus have a rota for all parents to
supply/cook the daily food.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 17:16:00 PM »
Well done to all involved

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 17:18:03 PM »
It doesn't say they have no money, it says "there was very little money left to buy equipment for the youngsters". 190 YTL per pupil might keep it going but not of much use if it couldn't have got started in the first place. You are incredibly vocal about your objection to money being spent on people who I guess have far less than you ever had.

For the record, six years ago we were paying 350 YTL each a month for a nursery for our girls. I'm sure it's double that now. Great to read of a place that is affordable for more people, and even greater to read that the people behind Embrace and the Carnival are doers, Calis has far too many talkers.

Offline dreamon

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 19:02:14 PM »
Once Again, Excellent news, very well done to all involved.:D:D

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 21:05:47 PM »
That is lovely to hear, well done everyone and thank you for the piccies.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 17:00:13 PM »
Just a note to the Carnival Committee members and Embrace volunteers who have had to put up with the sniper shots from Feznut. It's quite interesting, in both the bitter negative posts he has recently made about projects helped, he returns about an hour later just to view the replies he has managed to stir up. His posts aren't about an opinion he holds, if they were he would defend them when he returns rather than sit and be content to just read the replies. He comes purely to roll a hand grenade onto the table and retreat, for nothing more than personal sport. Then, like the psychology of the arsonist, he has to return to see the results of his efforts, then slope away silently.

I appreciate you (the Carnival Committee and Embrace) are in a difficult situation where not replying is your best choice, but I feel the posts of Mike Kramer ('Feznut') should be addressed at least from an administration point of view. Due to the plain nasty, non-constructive nature of his swipes, he is advised to stop or make his third his last CBF post, as it will be.

Keep up the good work, the smiles of the less fortunate are far more important than the digs of the bitter expat  :)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 17:21:28 PM »
I am sure the lady who works with me would be well chuffed if that was all she paid in nursey fees.  She informed me it costs her 700.00 a month and that is only four days.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 17:35:00 PM »
Quite right Keith, Have deleted my post.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 22:39:56 PM »
Thanks Keith and everyone else for your support and kind comments. Perhaps if Feznut was in possession of the full facts concerning the creche then he may have posted a more reasoned comment.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf