Author Topic: Electronic dog collar update  (Read 2463 times)

Offline C-E

Electronic dog collar update
« on: February 27, 2010, 14:39:09 PM »
We would like to thank you for all your input and advice.  We actually upgraded the fencing surrounding the property where we keep our horses.  This is where the 7 month old German Shepard was kept.

As the property boundary is approxmaitly 180 metres this took some time and expense.  Thankfully when this was completed the dog could not get out.  Our main problem was when we were out with the horses he would follow us.  When we got back to the stables it was a problem dealing with the horses and trying to tether the dog before he went exploring and possibly chasing sheep.

It is not a problem for us now.  You may have noticed that we are referring to the dog in the past tense.  Last evening he went missing from the paddock.  To day we found blood in pools in the paddock.  No sign of the dog or the body of the dog.

When we left all entrances to the property were close giving no means of escape.  This must have happened between 6pm and 9pm as he was not there when we returned.  As it was dark at that time we could not see the evidence.

We are absolutely devastated.

Offline Firo

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 14:55:02 PM »
So sorry to hear this news Christine.:(
It sounds like whatever you would have done, the neighbours already had decided what to do.[:(!]
So sad that they were small minded enough not to be able to see that you had resolved the problem therefore protecting their livestock.
Fi

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 15:35:59 PM »
so so saddened to hear such a sad end to your story.  Thoughts are with you xxx

Offline jul bri

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 18:46:48 PM »
so very sad to read this,you must be devested my thoughts are with you .Julia

Offline C-E

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 20:07:11 PM »
Thanks Fi, Pookie & Julie, this will take some getting over. The horses have to adjust too. They had a field playmate. (they all played together) Lucky would go nuts every morning when Dervish rolled in his box. Merlin would tease Lucky's tail when luck layed on the hay.

The horses were in the paddock when all this happened.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 21:25:41 PM »
I am so sad and angry.  I am truly shocked this has happened.  As for your neighbours, words fail me.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 22:08:15 PM »
It is so hard to lose pet but to lose one in such circumstances must be devastating.
Thoughts are with you

Offline ovaciksarah

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 12:15:31 PM »
Dear Christine and Eric,
Crissie told me what had happened, but your phone number deleted when phone bust so couldn,t call.  So sorry to hear what happened, the people who did this, need the same to happen to them, know how devoted you are to your animals.  Will come up to see you both asap

Offline suec

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 19:12:38 PM »
So sorry to hear this awful news , it must be heartbreaking for you both. How can people be so cruel, beyond words beyond belief..

Offline tintin1504

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 19:22:19 PM »
This is very sad news especially when you were doing your best to solve the problem.Kind regards to you both.T.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf