Author Topic: Post Gone Missing  (Read 1961 times)

Offline corbindallas

Post Gone Missing
« on: March 13, 2010, 07:42:36 AM »
I know this has been discussed a few times on other local areas, but was wondering how fellow Uzumlites are finding the local PTT system, we have not received any of our post sent from the UK for the past 5 weeks, 3 small packages,few birthday cards and a letter all sent seperatley, neighbours have also been applying for duplicate official documents and have applied (at cost per request) 3 times for them and they have not arrived either, in the end they got the copies posted to a UK address so it can be brought over by a visitor by hand, needless to say it was delivered next day in the UK. The PTT address is the same on all these postings we received packages, letters before no problem so am wondering if this is a bigger current local issue[?]This is the address we have been using
PTT Uzumlu
Fethiye,
Turkey.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 07:44:51 AM by corbindallas »

Offline C-E

Post Gone Missing
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 13:15:32 PM »
Hi Corbindallas, as far as we know we have not had any post gone missing.  We have had small and large packages sent from the UK.  Mainly things for the horses.  As well as letters, birthday cards, tax letters etc.

The address we use is:

Uzumlu PTT
Uzumlu
Fethiye
Mugla
Turkey.

Large parcels are sometimes directed to customs at Fethiye Marina.  To check go to the Fethiye PTT.  They will advise if you need to get any papers from the customs before you can collect a parcel.

Hope this helps.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Post Gone Missing
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 13:33:54 PM »
We find that people put the letters back in the wrong box on the sorting frame.  I have even seen the postman put them in the wrong place.  Its always worth looking in the box above your box too, at the very least.

Offline peecee

Post Gone Missing
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 16:50:29 PM »
And it could be that Mugla isn't on the address.  I think there's about 5 Fethiyes in Turkey

Offline C-E

Post Gone Missing
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 18:18:30 PM »
as we stated you need the full address on post

Uzumlu PTT
Uzumlu
Fethiye
Mugla
Turkey.

Offline corbindallas

Post Gone Missing
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 06:38:49 AM »
Thanks all will  visit the Fethiye PTT and see if there is anything there.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Post Gone Missing
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 09:23:35 AM »
BTW, we NEVER get our post delivered.  Not sure if you do where you are at the moment Corbindallas.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf