Author Topic: walk to olu deniz  (Read 3189 times)

Offline littlereddevil

walk to olu deniz
« on: April 14, 2010, 12:45:22 PM »
I have done a search but I can't find a post I read months ago which states where to get off the dolmus to walk down to Olu from Hisaronu or Ovacik.

Offline Old Daffodil

walk to olu deniz
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 15:10:03 PM »
If you want to walk down to Olu Deniz from Hisaronu you can get off the dolmus at the roundabout at the Hisaronu market place near the roundabout at the start of the village and follow the road down the hill. There are plenty of dolmus which go down to Olu Deniz though. I have walked down the hill in the winter when the roads are quiter and safer than the summer and then caught a dolmus back up.In the summer the road becomes busier and not so safe as there is no path.There is also no shade from the sun.  Maybe you read a post about a walk down to Olu Deniz from Kaya which takes about two hours.I believe care has to be taken on that one as several people have become lost after mis-reading the markings and it can mean climbing about on rocks. 

Offline peecee

walk to olu deniz
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 15:14:03 PM »
If you get off the dolmus at Hisaronou belediye (new building by the roundabout opposite the car park/market area) Standing outside the Belediye, walk to your right and there's a road going to the right that goes down to Olu. It would be signposted.  Dolmus down much better idea.

Offline littlereddevil

walk to olu deniz
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 15:59:17 PM »
Cheers. It was for my brother who heard about a walk down. I think it must have been from Kaya.

Offline Pompeylil

walk to olu deniz
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 16:15:07 PM »
hi we have walked from Kaya over the top and down to Olu Deniz.
You need good shoes (trainers will do.
When you walk up into Kaya village (the ghost town) keep to the left hand side, follow the path up to the very top of the hill, sometimes it is a bit of a climb and our two girls (9yrs and 12 yrs) scrambled up some of the rocks.  But you must keep to the left, look for painted marks on the rocks, follow these, go up over the top and stay on the narrow path.  
(if you stray to the right hand side of the ghost village then you will end up in a bay with no escape and have to come all the way back up to the top).
Follow the path all the way down, suggest you take a drink and do not do this walk in the summer months.  It winds sharply down quite a steep decent, twice we lost the path and scrambled down on our behinds.  
We went through a wooded bit, kept stopping to look at the views and wildlife.
Eventually you end up at the far end of the Blue Lagoon, where we fell into the first bar open to non members and drank lots.
This is a lovely walk our two daughters managed it fine last Easter, just good shoes, fluids and common sense.

Offline DavidNicholson

walk to olu deniz
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 12:23:07 PM »
We have done that Kaya to Olu walk several times - it is a cracker.
However, I really wish someone had told us about the signs on our first trip - You need to know this - it is very important.
If you get to a sign that looks like an arrowhead - it is NOT an arrow - do NOT go the way the "arrow" is pointing.  What it is trying to signify is that there is a left (or right) turn.  Essentially you travel along one leg of the "arrowhead" and turn along the other leg of the "arrowhead"
That is difficult to explain, so I hope it makes sense.
Enjoy the walk, and take the camera.....and plenty of liquids.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 12:24:46 PM by DavidNicholson »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf