Author Topic: Check your Change !!!  (Read 4896 times)

Offline snowman2003

Check your Change !!!
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 16:20:44 PM »
I dont think we are talking about pennies here.

Offline snowman2003

Check your Change !!!
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 16:23:01 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by lissa

Snowman - local authorities and what they are paid to do?? Sorry but this is not the UK. Shame and complain to who????

i know i am living in turkey....i,ve been here 6 years now.

Offline sunnyd

Check your Change !!!
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 16:58:26 PM »
Well for one, if I was short changed by 300 lira in a bank I would not leave until I saw the manager and lodged a formal complaint. If you are short changed at any of the open markets, complain on the spot (if noticed at the time) and the Zabita are always around, go find one and take them back to the stall to complain. You can make complaints to the main zabita office in Fethiye with anything to do with any business.

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Check your Change !!!
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 21:37:59 PM »
When we were depositing money into our bank account (£'s), the teller put it in in Turkish Lira.  For example £500 - she credited us with 500 YTL.  Good job I checked and had it altered.  Garante Bank incidentally.

Offline miaspyro

Check your Change !!!
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 05:57:21 AM »
i am with sunnyd, report these incidents, putting it on the forum will not help stop these practices.  I have no personal experience of this type of thing, but i can assure you i would be down to the Zabita like a shot, and if it involved a lot of money would take a translator with me, and make sure it was documented.  The more reports that are recieved the more difficult it is to ignore these incidents.

Offline simpsons

Check your Change !!!
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2010, 11:00:41 AM »
I went into Finansbank and drew 20 pound out of my sterling account. It wasnt until I got home that I noticed she had credited my account, instead of debiting it. However they soonrang me up and pointed out their error, and told me to come in the following day to sign and rectify their mistake. As I lived in Ovacik at that time, I said I would call in next time Im in Fethiye and as it was their mistake, not make a special trip.

Offline Linda

Check your Change !!!
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2010, 12:21:46 PM »
You can also use the ALO 170 hotline by ringing 179 or emailing alo.179@hotmail.com

Offline littlereddevil

Check your Change !!!
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2010, 13:13:30 PM »
I don't usually get shortchanged but on tuesday at the market a stallholder "forgot" my other 10ytl.This was in the fruit and veg section a man with ginger hair. as soon as I said though he handed it over. I take very good care now everywhere I go.

Offline TB752

Check your Change !!!
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2010, 08:32:27 AM »
Another word of warning - its not only the market stalls, etc who need to be watched. We shopped at the new Kipa yesterday and when I checked my till receipt some of the items had been charged at a higher price than I remember seeing on the shelves. I shall go in again check this out and have a word with the manager.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2010, 09:06:23 AM »
Main money changing office in Hisaronu continues to short change people. If you dont ask for a receipt before handing money over you are either short changed if you ask for anything outside of 100GBP, or even if you ask for something easy to work out like this they 'drop'the final amount due - example 2.263 TL to GBP is given to you as 2.26. Not much for each individual transaction but with lots of transactions makes a difference.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf