Author Topic: eating out in Uzumlu  (Read 20796 times)

Offline Rosy

eating out in Uzumlu
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2010, 07:15:24 AM »
Agree with Friar Tuck, we do want all the restaurants to do well, and I for one like the option of choosing which special night to attend. If each one had a special on a different night, some would do well with their regulars drumming up support and others not. I like going to places to meet new people and have always enjoyed this experience, we have lovely people here in Uzumlu. In UK separate options on different days seems to equal cliques forming with the attending problems. I love the choice, and celebrate them by visiting all (except one in respect to my TAB sister) We are so lucky to have a wide choice and to be treated so well by staff who quickly become our friends. Long may this continue

Offline Woodies

eating out in Uzumlu
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2010, 11:07:59 AM »
Can't quite understand your comments fully Rosy. Uzumlu has a large influx of tourists each year as well as those that live here,or visit regularly as we do, and who want to 'spread the wealth' so to speak. More 'specials' nights equals more options, and thus more opportunities for visitors to take advantage of these. I can't see any restaurant losing out, by having these specials nights on different days of the week, as surely they must do, when the these nights clash.

Offline friar tuck

eating out in Uzumlu
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2010, 09:25:02 AM »
I do agree with you Eric if they could get their heads together and sort different nights for different events instead of trying to compete on the same nights, that way we all lose out, the restaurateur and the customer, Uzumlu is not like Calis or Fethiye where you have 200 bar / restaurants chasing 5000 customers, in Uzumlu you have 7 / 8 bars pide parlours restaurants chasing at most may be 200 / 300 people in the season even less out of season, there is not enough customers to go round to fill all the places all the time, I also think this year more people are staying indoors for barbies etc as the recession here in the UK starts to bite and also interest rates in Turkiye are half of what they were 5 years ago far less Lira about, yes BM06 of course I want them ALL to do well but if business only goes to one or two then what happens to the others [?][?]

Offline BM06

eating out in Uzumlu
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2010, 11:58:31 AM »
Well, who'd a thought it:D:D

Offline friar tuck

eating out in Uzumlu
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2010, 12:12:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by BM06

Well, who'd a thought it:D:D

Sorry very confused by your post [?][?]

Offline BM06