Author Topic: Lebara 4p per min to Turkiye  (Read 1660 times)

Offline friar tuck

Lebara 4p per min to Turkiye
« on: July 31, 2010, 08:36:32 AM »
I noticed on the Fethiye Forum an advert for Lebara sim cards, well I bought one from Pound World last week and put £20 credit on it with a little scepticism I must admit, it is not very often you buy something these days that does exactly what it says on the packet, but hey Lebara advertise 4p per minute to Turkish landlines, so on Tuesday I phoned my friends in Uzumlu using my Lebara sim card the call lasted 20 minutes and the cost just 80p. You can get the sim cards free on the Lebara web site I bought mine from Pound World because I sifted through them to get a really good number easy to remember. I know a lot of people use Skype but the beauty of Lebara is you do not need a PC and how easy is it to use a mobile phone.  :)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 08:41:48 AM »
What about reversing direction ie Turkey to UK? :)

Offline friar tuck

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 09:15:29 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by tribalelder

What about reversing direction ie Turkey to UK? :)

Same as most others very expensive, I think it is 38p to make call from Turkiye and 17p to receive call.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 10:12:46 AM »
It's very hard to find a Skype beater for calls to the UK but 4p a minute to Turkey is quite good. For people with a smartphone Nimbuzz is good for calls to UK from a mobile - 1.3p/minute. From UK to Turkey about 2.2p/minute.

Friar is right though - the attraction of Lebra is no need for a PC, headphones, microphone - and no need for a cutting edge mobile - you just stick the sim card in your wooden 19th Century Nokia, and start dialling.

Offline friar tuck

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 13:41:56 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

It's very hard to find a Skype beater for calls to the UK but 4p a minute to Turkey is quite good. For people with a smartphone Nimbuzz is good for calls to UK from a mobile - 1.3p/minute. From UK to Turkey about 2.2p/minute.

Friar is right though - the attraction of Lebra is no need for a PC, headphones, microphone - and no need for a cutting edge mobile - you just stick the sim card in your wooden 19th Century Nokia, and start dialling.

Exactly simples even I could do it, and to check your credit is simples, :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf