Author Topic: Burglaries on the increase  (Read 4199 times)

Offline C-E

Burglaries on the increase
« on: October 05, 2010, 20:38:14 PM »
As you all will be aware by now, the burlglars are back.  They are working arond the area at the back of the PO garage. 534 and 507 Sokak have been targeted last night. Please be aware and on the lookout for anything suspicous at anytime of day or night.

Offline geobabs

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 12:12:58 PM »
Burlglars back?I wasn't aware they had gone,We here of break in's nearley every week.Just last week we spoke to our insurance company and he said he was dealing with twelve break in's that week alone (and no they were not holiday makers)
Calis is fast becoming the crime capital of Turkey,break in's,murders and rip offs.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 12:24:34 PM »
This is a topic about Uzumlu, not Calis. 4 posts to date geobabs, 3 of them about how many burglaries there are. I take it you have nothing positive to share with us about living in Calis.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 12:27:33 PM »
you sell the place well geobabs.....any positives ?!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 12:35:55 PM »
Well certainly not since joining in 2008 it seems.

Murders?!

Offline BM06

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 12:50:20 PM »
Perhaps, she is talking about the two people murdered in August,they were shot in a flat or office in the  calis/fethiye area, just for your info Kieth they were Recep and Dennis relations, very sad mate.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 12:51:12 PM »
and before any one suggests that my light hearted banter is inappropriate....YES I know this is a serious thread.

Uzumlu does seem to have spasmodic periods of unwanted visitors and we should all be alert and aware.  However I do think we need to get it into balance and not scare off would-be owners or holiday makers. It is no worse than any where is, and infact a decidely lot safer than some places I've lived / holidayed in.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 12:58:37 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by BM06

Perhaps, she is talking about the two people murdered in August,they were shot in a flat or office in the  calis/fethiye area, just for your info Kieth they were Recep and Dennis relations, very sad mate.

Understood Mr. 06. My reason for replying isn't to find crime and murder rates, it is to wonder why people who have nothing good to say about a place are actually living there.

I did hear about the relatives of our good friends Recep & Deniz, of course it is terribly sad. Feuds go on in all areas of the World, not just Fethiye.

Offline BM06

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 13:11:02 PM »
Taken on board of coarse you are 100% right, but as you are fully aware that some who took the plunge now find they are in a situation they have no power to change, can only find a negative in everything,oh well so be it, PS just wondered if you knew, had a beer with Dennis last night and I know you knew them well.

Offline Firo

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 14:23:18 PM »
It's that time of year... we were told by the Jandarma when we were broken into in May 07 that the 2 worst months for breakins are May, when all the winter builders are being laid off for the summer, and Oct when all the summer workers are finishing and heading back to their home towns.
Make sure your home is secure.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf