Author Topic: Burglaries on the increase  (Read 4196 times)

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Burglaries on the increase
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 14:24:58 PM »
As mulder would say "the truth is out there". the fact is the crime rate is high and would seem to be rising. and if it does put people off holidaying here or buying here then prehaps the authorities might take some positve action, and builder's and developers, and estate agents should action improvements the products / qualitity of window security etc, rather than burying head in the sand as they have all done by claiming Turkey has low crime figures.

Offline phil1839

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 18:41:16 PM »
To date in 2010 I am aware of 10 Burglaries or Attempt Burglaries of foreign owned apartments or Villas in Uzumlu this year. This is a decrease on the number of burglaries last year, but one burglary is one too many. We can only make our properties as secure as we feel necessary, as we would in England.  Also people who rent properties to tourists should make them aware of the problems so that they can be vigilant and secure their premises while they are out or whilst they are asleep. The burglaries at the moment are occurring in the early hours of the morning between 4.00am and 6.00am but this could change tomorrow to evening burglaries so we should be aware at all times.

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 18:53:00 PM »
As Phil states, lets get things into prospective the crime rate in Uzumlu has drastically dropped compared to last year and this is down to things like the community pulling together under the 'Uzumlu Community Watch' and saying enough is enough,unrecorded burglary figures for 2009 were heading into the 70's/80's plus, compared with this year's 10 recorded figures. As Phil said 1 is to much but at least we are not living in the state of 'when not if' of last years burglary rate!The community has spoken direct with the local Jandarma on our concerns and the local Mayor has had his ear bent on no uncertain terms that we want action and support and so far it is working a lot better thanks to residents, and will continue as long as the community want it to.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 19:44:31 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by c1

builder's and developers, and estate agents should action improvements the products / qualitity of window security etc, rather than burying head in the sand

I did, I stopped selling Nicholas Homes projects.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 08:06:44 AM »
So it would seem have everybody else, althought I didn't know that you did in the first instance, and is it only Nicholas developements that have break in's. 10 reported break in's where does that figure come from?

Offline phil1839

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 11:56:44 AM »
The figures come from my position as a member of the Uzumlu Community Watch committee. I am personally visiting the burglaries or receiving details of the incidents.  This enables us to make members of the UCW aware of what burglaries are taking place, the areas in which they are occurring and any particular security measures which arise as a result of the burglaries. The UCW is also a point of contact to receive and disseminate information which members pass to us. If you have a property in Uzumlu and you are not already a member of the UCW but wish to join you can do so by e-mailing your details to uzumlucw@gmail.com. As far as I am aware we have no Nicholas Developments in the village, I think there are a very small number of individual villas which have been built by them.

Offline C-E

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2010, 19:09:50 PM »
Hi c1, the breakin in on Sokak 507 were NOT built by Nicholas developements. All 3 Villas were built by Tachula Insaat / Aegean Construction. We live next door to the villa in question. We live here all year round and a members of Uzumlu Community Watch

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 19:23:32 PM »
I didn't claim any Uzumlu properties/developments were built by Nicholas Homes!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf