Author Topic: Missing Car  (Read 4504 times)

Offline chris2158

Missing Car
« on: November 02, 2010, 15:08:10 PM »
I am looking for information on a grey sahin car registration

48 HJ 481

that was removed without permission from its legal parking spot ( garage ) in Uzumlu & is now missing. The car was in the care of a friend who had to leave Turkey due to family ill health & she has only recently found out the car has gone. We have checked with Fethiye police / Maliye etc but the car has not been taken by them. I am the legal owner of the car & have all the paperwork. I am interested only in getting the car back not in the hows / whyfores of the removal so if anyone knows where this car is I would be grateful if you could pm me

(edited by Scunner)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Missing Car
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 16:42:28 PM »
So to summarise it's been nicked and you want it back.

I take it you have reported it to the police as it's not made clear in your post.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 17:35:08 PM by stoop »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Missing Car
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 17:00:02 PM »
You shouldnt be talking to members like that stoop:D :-\

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Missing Car
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 17:34:50 PM »
oops - corrected :-\
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 17:35:20 PM by stoop »

Offline chris2158

Missing Car
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 07:40:14 AM »
it has been moved without permission possibly by the person who was supposed to be keeping an eye on the property & car while my friend was away. She lost her husband who dealt with everything so she only knows his name no number ( Bayram )- I have checked with authorities but have not reported it as stolen yet as would prefer to get it back without all that as he did have keys. This has happened some time ago ( my friend was only made aware a few weeks ago as she was not able to come back to Turkey ) & then informed me. There seems to be an underlying "disagreement / feud" that has taken place but I am not interested in. I simply want my car back - without having top take any kind of criminal action if possible but I will go down that route if necessary. The car is currently NOT road legal

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Missing Car
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 08:01:40 AM »
if you dont want to go to the police and report it stolen or get involved in what this fued was and why the car was taken, how can anybody help you?

Offline chris2158

Missing Car
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 09:18:08 AM »
Tinkerman - first I need to locate the car ie is it in a ditch , is it dumped in a field, has it been parked up somewhere ? I have only requested info on its location not on the circumstances ie has anyone seen it. I am not party to all the ins & outs of whatever the feud was & it does not concern me or the car. I will report the car as stolen but wanted to try to find it first.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Missing Car
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 09:32:55 AM »
Just a thought but do you have a picture of the car?

If you post it on here it might just jog someone's memory and might you might get a lead or two.

If you don't know how to post pictures just message me through my profile and I will let you have my email addy so that you can send it to me and I will post it for you.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Missing Car
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 10:54:17 AM »
The car registration suggest that it is not a foreign number plate thus indicating that it is in the name of a Turk. Maybe the registered owner has taken it, as legally it will be his.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 10:56:51 AM by loz »

Offline peecee

Missing Car
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 11:40:49 AM »
Hate to say this but I think Loz is right, the car probably (legally) belongs to the Turk.  All yabanci owned vehicles would have an MB/ME/MA plate.
If you live in Turkey would suggest you get the paperwork checked out. Possibly someone has been diddled.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:42:43 AM by peecee »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf