Author Topic: Missing Car  (Read 4502 times)

Offline chris2158

Missing Car
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 11:55:46 AM »
The car belongs to me & my husband ( Turkish ) I have Turkish citizenship & have had for over 15 years so I can own a car, I can work etc ALL LEGALLY. We have the car documents which were given back to us to hold on to when our friend went back to UK so the car hasnt been sold on. The car stayed on her property with the keys as the gardener / maintenance guy was supposed to keep it ticking over - none of us was aware of any problem until a few weeks ago.My husband has checked with jarndarme , maliye etc it was my idea to ask on the forum just in case it was sitting abandoned in a field somewhere. If anyone has seen it please let me know ( I can even send a copy of the log book )

Offline Rosy

Missing Car
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 12:05:15 PM »
Have made a note of the registration and will look out for it whilst out and about. Hope you find it soon. The forum is usually very helpful in sorting stuff out. Good luck.

Offline peecee

Missing Car
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 16:37:23 PM »
apologies for being so cynical Chris :)  Just a suggestion but have you thought of putting posters in your own car?  Driving around town lots of people Turks and foreigners will see it.
Hope it's spotted soon.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Missing Car
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 18:52:04 PM »
Check out your gardener, I would say!!
Gordy.

Offline chris2158

Missing Car
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 07:00:28 AM »
Unfortunately he isnt my gardener & my friend has no contact details for him & doesnt even know his surname ( her husband dealt with everything ) other than his first name Bayram ( not exactly uncommon ! ). But if anyone knows of a Bayram who does handyman / maintenance / gardening work in Uzumlu please let me know

Offline denisegiles

Missing Car
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 20:40:46 PM »
[Hi Chris,
I know where the car is. It is located at the top of "Greenworld" in Uzumlu. I know the man who took the car, his name is "Bayram Yigit", known locally. He lives in a small white turkish house at the top of greenworld and that is where the car is. It has been there for a year or so.  I don't know if he has sold it now, but it was definatly there.
Bayram speaks resonable english and will most probably deny everything.
Hope that helps

Offline chris2158

Missing Car
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 06:10:34 AM »
Thanks for the info will get my husband on the case.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf