Author Topic: A really honest man.  (Read 1870 times)

Offline George Warner

A really honest man.
« on: November 06, 2010, 19:10:21 PM »
I had the misfortune to misplace my bag with passport,blue book, driving license,all off my identity,at the Tuesday Market last week.
I didn't realise this until Thursday,
Did all of the usual things,cancelled cards etc,notified Gendarme and Police,they were extremely helpful, contacted Honarary Consulate,what do they actually do?
Anyway returned to Tuesday Market this week and without much hope retraced my steps. There waiting for me to arrive was Apti the guy by the toilets who sells the vacuum cleaner spares,this was one of the places I had been.
As soon as I started to ask about my bag he said,I know!we will go to Zabita.There it was,complete,he apologised for the fact it had been opened,he was looking for my telephone no.
What he didn't say,and I only found out afterwards,he waited for three hours after the Market had closed in case I turned up,and only then did he turn it over to the Zabita
I would like to give openly a huge vote of thanks to this man,and if there is any way CBF members can support his stall please do so,
He deserves it,

Offline busybee

A really honest man.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 19:16:24 PM »
What a wonderful honest guy, I aways buy my hoover bags from him and will give him a plug to all my friends.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
A really honest man.
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 19:32:42 PM »
Before the "real" money came, nearly every single person you met there was *exactly* like this. Thank you George for locating one of the remaining ones. If I ever need a hoover bag, I'll head his way ( :D ) Tongue out of cheek for a second, God bless people like Apti, they might just preserve the charm of Turkey.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
A really honest man.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 19:49:17 PM »
A lovely post George. Glad you got everything back from this fine man. :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
A really honest man.
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 19:50:49 PM »
I lost my wallet, credit cards and a load of cash outside B&Q/Goksular Yapi a couple of years ago. I didn't even realise until I got a call from one of the lads in the shop. They'd tracked me down because a sister of one of the lads worked in Migros and she used their system to trace my mobile number via my Migros card.

When I went to collect it they wouldn't take the tip that I wanted to give them so I asked where they got their cay from and I went and covered their bill for the week.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 19:51:50 PM by KKOB »

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
A really honest man.
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 20:33:47 PM »
fantastic post really does help to forget some of the negative things I have heard about Turkey recently, me too if I need any parts for my hoover I will go to this lovely man's stall.

Offline cinders

A really honest man.
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 07:12:41 AM »
Really good to hear of this mans honesty,and agree with Scunner if anything is needed re-hoover spares will go to him

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
A really honest man.
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 11:08:59 AM »
Great story and I'm happy to report it can happen here as well!

My stupid son left his laptop on the Gatwick express last weekend and as soon as he realised he rang the railway people fearing the worst. In fact some honest person had handed it in and he's now been re-united with it.

He also lost his mobile at Glastonbury a few years back and a young lady rang me to say she had found it. Needless to say she got a nice bunch of flowers from him for being so honest.

If there were only more people like these around.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf