Author Topic: Continuing Cadianda Quiz?  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Denise40

Continuing Cadianda Quiz?
« on: December 17, 2010, 14:48:33 PM »
Over the past week and with much discussion with various people, it seems most would like the quiz at Cadianda to carry on and to continue to support the local children's charity, and I have volunteered to post this request (so please don't shoot the messenger)!!:-

Should there be enough people who would volunteer on a rota basis, either fortnightly or perhaps monthly to restart the quiz in the new year.

There were a few people willing to stand in when requested for Fi and Eric, so would these persons still be interested and would there be enough local interest to keep it going and enough part time quiz masters to get a decent rota going?

Obviously on a rota basis the more people who volunteer the less often person(s)has to do the work involved in getting questions together!

Comments welcome but if you would like to put yourself forward for hosting a quiz please contact me directly.

Thank you

Regards

Denise [:o)]

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 15:24:49 PM »
Over the last few years there have not been many quizzes that the" Swallocks " have missed without good reason , visa runs to Uk ,sickness ,or holiday outings :P.I dont think that this would change if a new quiz was started .We are pleased as Uzumlu ,ites to support all charity events :) ,and i think that the venue is probably the best venue for the purpose in Uzumlu :) . Our thanks go out to Fiona and Eric for their hard work over the last few years and as they  say they would like to get their life back ( perhaps even they could be enticed out of retirement for guest appearances) ;) !!!! As I have said earlier. We that is the Swallocks would be happy to support any quiz,s in the future. :) Regards The Swallocks
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 15:26:40 PM by calvin 1949 »

Offline tintin1504

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 16:07:52 PM »
We enjoyed the quiz at Cadianda too.I think Fi and Eric will be a hard act to follow and although we are "newbies"we would like to add our appreciative thanks to them too.
If someone is brave enough to continue,we would be pleased to support the children. T.& C.

Offline Denise40

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 14:40:06 PM »
Thank you for couple of people who offered to host the quiz at Cadianda so it may continue but so far there has not been enough interest to get this started which is a shame for Mustafa and staff and for the local children's charity.  It was suggested to try one evening on a monthly basis and not to continue on a Wednesday but to try another day so it did not clash with the other local quiz being back to back - it may be that this topic was not seen by many as lots of people have been back in the UK - so final plea for volunteers!
Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf