Author Topic: Mushroom Fest 2011  (Read 8010 times)

Offline neylan

Mushroom Fest 2011
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2011, 20:37:28 PM »
Full programme is now on the website.
Mushroom walks are on Saturday and Sunday

Offline calvin 1949

Mushroom Fest 2011
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2011, 07:46:04 AM »
Last few days for requesting stalls for the festival  :).You can contact the Committee through the now updated web site  :)or the now open, in the Uzumlu square Festival office, :)or if you contact me through my profile with contact details I will put you in touch:D
www.kuzugobegifest.com

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 07:48:31 AM by calvin 1949 »

Offline calvin 1949

Mushroom Fest 2011
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2011, 10:59:14 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by calvin 1949

Web site for the mushroom festival

http://www.kuzugobegifest.com

The web site is being updated for this years itinerary, but some great pictures from last year,also an insight about the other activities taking place (besides the mushrooms Tinks  ;)) I think the festival is about promoting our Beautiful village of Uzumlu, :Pnot just about a few morels which depend on the right conditions to raise their heads  above the ground :)

Web site updated now :) with times and events plus artists  performing each evening [ :) On Sunday evening Selda Bagcan (famous Turkish protest singer ) will be last performer on stage from 10pm  :) Hope to see you all up here during the festival ,Promise no dualing banjos ;)Regards Calvin

Offline C-E

Mushroom Fest 2011
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2011, 16:55:32 PM »
Horses at the Mushroom Festival.

Feburary this year, were asked to bring the horses to the Mushroom Festival.  

The idea was to allow the children and locals to see the horses, touch and pet them, have a ride and get to know them more.  A photographer was allocated to take

pics of the childern with the horses.

We were also going to demonstrate how were groom the horses, show how we plait the horses manes and tails for shows. As our horses are "BareFoot" we had

planned to demonstrate a barefoot trim. NO Metal shoes on our horses as from this year.

As some of you will know our horses are quite large (168cm / 16.3hh) and are part of the local life here in Uzumlu. We ride all over the valley and try to interact with

the locals as much as possible.

A few weeks ago we were offered an area just behind the Kids club / face painting room.

The land was cleared of rubble etc for the horses to be kept on. Saturday and Sunday from 11am until 4pm.

We came up to check on the area a few times and pointed out what needed to be done.
On Friday we came up and spoke to a Nick, who was very keen to help.  The area still needed a lot of work (broken glass, wire and metal etc to be removed.).

We spoke in lenght to Mehmet and Nick and Plan B was put into place.  We were to use the paved area opposite the Candianda Supermarket.  The area was to be

cordened off so that we could allow the horses to have some space and a walk etc.

On Friday the horses were bathed, groomed and prept for the show on Saturday.

Our car and trailer was packed with : Hay and food for the horses, water buckets, grooming kit and tools etc.

The big day. 10.45am

We (myself, Amanda and Jaime) walked them up to the area and was met by Eric my husband.  He had just been advised that  We had been "Cancelled" that

morning at around 10.30ish.

This was a total shock and as we had spoken to everyone the day before.

Reason for Cancelling is "Unknown"

A heated discussion took place.  Whilst the organizers talked we were advised by Nick and Mehmet to walk the horses into the square and let people see them.  

As you will have seen this did take place.

At 11.30ish the area that was Plan B was given to us.

Due to the problems we did not do any demonstrations but did allow the children to interact with the horses.

Due to all the problems : This will be the last time we accept an invitation to take our horses to any festival in the area.

We would like to appolagise to anyone who over heard the heated exchanges that took place.

Christine and Eric.

Offline neylan

Mushroom Fest 2011
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2011, 18:09:20 PM »

I have kindly requested them to have some activities with the horses for the kids in the fest...and introduced them with the committie members.

They have been there many times to check the area if was really available for the horses...and they communicated with someone elses to get confirmation and agreed...

I did not understand why Eric shouted at me when the fest committie cancelled their program...I tried to explain that I just arrived from Fethiye and  have no idea whats happening but his behaves were increadible disrespectful to me...

I do not know who gave him permission to talk to me like this type...
How can anyone shout to another one  and also at the middle of the town and in public too...I could solve the problems very well if you could be quite and kind enough !

We all need only the peaceful life here, to fight is not our type...
so there is none from the commitie on Calis Forum, you can find all members in the fest office or easy to see mayor...I should not be your target...

I am requesting you to be respectful to the people.
-------------

I am very sorry from everyone to wasted your time but had to explain and wd like to give the other side of the story...
Thats my last comment about it.

Offline C-E

Mushroom Fest 2011
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2011, 21:55:30 PM »
Neylan, we had been advised that you were the one that cancelled the horses. If this is the case why did you not contact us. You have our mobile number. Several people advised us that you were the person involved with the cancelation at the very last minute.

We spent hours making sure the horses were ready.

Common curtessy would have been to contact us ASAP.

When we finally found out the reason for cancelling the horses it showed a complete lack of organisation and control on the part of the people who invited us to attend.

All we really wanted was to be informed prior to us arriving with the horses and the reason why they were cancelled from someone in some authority rather than someone looking after keeping children occupied.

There was lots of people there who have mobiles and could have contacted us. The excuse of no credit is a feeble one.

Having spoken to the relevant people and having some cars moved, we managed to give the local children a chance to come and see the horses.

This shows that if people discuss with each other it can happen.

Its down to lack of people talking to each other.

Offline cheers

Mushroom Fest 2011
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2011, 22:52:29 PM »
I think its called 'Communication C_E'.  So glad the local kids got the chance to get close to the horses and maybe learnt a thing or two!

Offline neylan

Mushroom Fest 2011
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2011, 23:10:58 PM »
Christine, if you had listened to me when I was trying to say there or read my post you would have realised that I had just arrived from Fethiye about 10 minutes before we met and had only just become aware of problem.
I supported your proposal and introduced you to the committee so why would I cancel it?????? This does not make sense.
There were no committee members that I could see in Uzumlu at that time so could not get to the bottom of why you had been told your horse display was cancelled. I am not on the committee so had NO control of what decisions were made.
I thought that you and Eric knew me well enough to know that I would not have done something like this and if I had been aware would have told you promptly about any problem. He had no reason to shout and berate me in the street - the great majority of the English in Uzumlu thankfully have good manners.

p.s. as I told on forum before that I do not want to talk about it anymore, you can find one of commitie member (I think they are at least 20 people) and ask them if I had known the cancelling before or the reason...they also have changed so many things in last minutes what they confirmed before...

Offline Rosy

Mushroom Fest 2011
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2011, 08:52:57 AM »
Mushroom festival was a huge success. Seeing all those people having fun last night at the concert was amazing. Uzumlu was simply buzzing. Well done everyone who made it such a success, your efforts were well rewarded. Thank you each and every one.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf