Author Topic: Road Trip From Antalya airport  (Read 1794 times)

Offline Honey Bee

Road Trip From Antalya airport
« on: January 30, 2011, 12:11:45 PM »
Hi,

Flying into Antalya for the first time. Got directions back to Uzumlu but is there anything worth stopping for on the way? (D350 the D400).

I have been advised it takes 2.5 hrs!

Thanks

Offline Sue T

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 12:23:51 PM »
Unless you are travelling like a rocket then add about 1 hour to the travel schedule.  You will have to be travelling the Yayla road to do it that even that quickly.
Korkutelli is a good place to stop especially if you like haricot beans, the salad is called piyaz and goes well with kofte, its an area speciality.
If you have time to spare (at least 2 more hours)then a detour to Elmali is interesting to see their road of shops dedicated to sweet vendors and the Selcuk mosque and water fountain, then you come back to the main road via Seki, a beautiful scenic trip through the mountains but is likely to be closed by snow at this time of the year.
Happy travels

Offline milliemars

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 12:44:08 PM »
could be as much as 6 hours if you end up on the coast road,beautiful but a very long way round.

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 18:35:40 PM »
The view on the inland road is beautiful for a lot of the journey if you are travelling in the daylight hours. At night if it has snowed and there is a moon it looks like a Christmas Card.The roads can become icy though this time of year but we have travelled that way a few times in the winter.  The journey along the coastal route is as Milliemars said, more like six or seven hours.Personally I would take the safe option and get the journey over. Make sure you leave Antalya with a full tank of petrol too.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 19:30:18 PM by Daffodil »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf