Author Topic: Zoo pet shop  (Read 12774 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Zoo pet shop
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 07:25:23 AM »
I wish it was as easy as that but we are going to give it a try.

Offline crystalgirl

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 12:29:06 PM »
Yeah that poor monkey as been there ages.  I do worry about those poor animals in the pets shops, although I have bought animals from there, and do purchase there sometimes from the zoo.  I feel sad to see animals in cages, the budgies here are kept in such small cages its crazy, and sometimes two of them.  I look at my little Jessie sometimes and think I am cruel, but I have bought him a double cage, which gives him lots of space, he has a tree branch in his cage, sees us a lot, and gets encouraged to come out for a fly even though he doesn't like it much!  Good to stretch your wings, if someone else has bought him, he may well have been in a micro home!  Good luck Andy with the monkey.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Zoo pet shop
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 13:14:01 PM »
I don't think budgies like flies

Offline Old Daffodil

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 13:36:26 PM »
The conditions in the pet shops are awful. If you buy pets from them you are encouraging the shops to think the conditions are ok and becoming part of the problem.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 14:40:19 PM »
If you have issues with the pet shops then do not support them. Pet food can be bought in supermarkets or directly from vets like Serkan. We bought all our pet food from Serkan's surgery or the shop in Hisaronu. He was as cheap as anyone.As our dog, Holly, was getting older I was getting proper advice from Serkan on what I should be feeding her and looking after her. The food he recommended was expensive but was the best. For our younger dog he never recommended the most expensive food but only the cheap stuff. His priority is for the animals and not for profit.

Offline hubblebubble

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 15:27:18 PM »
Just to get it staight as Scunner said the monkey and parrots I mentioned were in Kent petshop. They are not knowingly cruel to the animals just not truly aware of their needs I feel.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 19:00:36 PM »
Is Kent pet shop owned by those who own Kent Vets?

If it isI would expect qualified vets to know what is cruel to animals and birds.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Zoo pet shop
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2011, 20:10:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by hubblebubble

Just to get it staight as Scunner said the monkey and parrots I mentioned were in Kent petshop. They are not knowingly cruel to the animals just not truly aware of their needs I feel.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would not know that a monkey should not be kept in a small cage.  Any grown up aware person knows that monkeys live in family communities in trees.  I think you may be under estimating their mental capacities:(

Offline booo

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2011, 06:54:19 AM »
Hope that there is someone who can help the monkey, as others have said it was so friendly when it first went there, really sad to see what it is like now and when I last saw the parrot it was pulling its own feathers out :(
I hate the Fethiye Zoo pet shop, the puppies never have enough water and their cages are always filthy. They dont even have bowls of water they have water tubes like you get in rabbit cages and they are in the window area even during summer :(

Offline peecee

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2011, 08:19:46 AM »
Don't know whether it's true (or not) but I was told by one of the pet shop owners that the dogs were imported from the Eastern Bloc countries (she got her dogs from Romania).  If that is the case then they were probably bred on puppy farms and I, for one, would never buy/support the industry.  It's disgusting: :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf