Author Topic: Cadianda ruins  (Read 3282 times)

Offline Paul Brock

Cadianda ruins
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 11:45:11 AM »
Hazel,
From start of footpath at the top of the village you can reach Cadianda in 1.5 hours fairly comfortably but it depends how often you stop to take photos etc. It is also worth taking a slight detour to the Turkish flag which flies above Uzumlu as you can get some great views of the village and the valley and mountains beyond. From Cadianda you can get views of Fethiye and the sea.

For the round trip including looking around Cadianda would suggest you allow 4-5 hours and you will need to take food and water with you. There is a guard at Cadianda and they charge (or at least it was a few months ago) TL8 to go in. There are several bars in the village to refresh yourself whenyou come back down

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Cadianda ruins
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 12:58:15 PM »
Have done this route many times by car - but would avoid it during the winter months - As Steve (A!)says, lots of landslides and very dodgy !  But in the summer months the road is usually better and as long as you are careful its not that bad any more.  (that comes from a woman who has her eyes screwed tightly shut for most of the journey !!).  Not for the faint hearted !!!   Lots of beautiful mountain meadows on the way up, perfect for a picnic.

Offline calvin 1949

Cadianda ruins
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 13:06:20 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by hazel dorrington

Thanks Calvin. Can you tell me approx distance or time it would take to get there. I am used to walking (even up steep hills) and usually manage a steady 2miles an hour. Is the path easy to follow or would it be easy to get lost. Are there any residents of Uzumlu who have a passion for walking and would like to be our guide?
quote:
Originally posted by calvin 1949

There is a way marked track up through the village now!just follow the red and white signs,steep yes!! but well worth the trip .

Think Paul has answered what you need to know!! ;) enjoy you visit!!! :)

Offline hazel dorrington

Cadianda ruins
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 20:08:10 PM »
Thanks everyone for your replies. Will post again when I have done it.

Offline wickwilly

Cadianda ruins
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 20:24:08 PM »
Hazel I have done the walk from the village to Cadianda on several occasions. If you want someone to guide you then I would be happy to help.
WW

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Cadianda ruins
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 20:32:56 PM »
Steve we did exactly the same thing but I panicked within the first 5 mins and we were able to turn around!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 21:53:28 PM by Gorgeous_bird »

Offline hazel dorrington

Cadianda ruins
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 21:25:16 PM »
Thanks for the offer have emailed you.
quote:
Originally posted by wickwilly

Hazel I have done the walk from the village to Cadianda on several occasions. If you want someone to guide you then I would be happy to help.
WW

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf