Author Topic: Visiting Uzumlu  (Read 1543 times)

Offline captainraki

Visiting Uzumlu
« on: April 04, 2011, 18:22:03 PM »
Hi all you lucky people who have found a new home in the sun I wonder if you could give me some info. It's been 20 years since I last visited Uzumlu and I expect a lot has changed.I bet there's a new road or even a road up to Cadianda now. Well I would like to re-visit and would like some info and photos please. When I was there last there was 1 bar a few people selling lace and it was very quaint.I wonder have new bars and eateries openened I have seen mention of the winehouse is this a bar or a vinyard. I would love it to be a vinyard. Are there still locals selling their goods and is it worth a visit. (daft question I suppose its all worth a visit.) I will be based in Koca Calis so is it best to get bus in Fethiye and how often and when is the last return . Hope this is not to much to ask on my first post.
Bye captainraki

Offline elaina

Visiting Uzumlu
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 20:14:53 PM »
Gosh you will notice loads of changes after 20 years.  I first went to Uzumlu in 2002 and the pictures I have of it then are very different to the Uzumlu of today.  In the last 9 years there has been a significant amount of development and the roads have certainly improved.  The winehouse is certainly worth a visit and the meals are excellent there too and the staff are very welcoming.  It is also in the centre of the village just off the main square.  Would be interested to see any photos you may have of the village of 20 years ago.

Offline calvin 1949

Visiting Uzumlu
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 20:33:34 PM »
Perfect time for a re visit Mushroom Festival starts Friday for 3 days, if you do a search you will find link to web site which has loads of photos .Hope to see you up here !!! Calvin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf