Author Topic: St. George's Day  (Read 2209 times)

Offline twinkle01

St. George's Day
« on: April 08, 2011, 10:27:10 AM »
We thought we would celebrate St. George's Day at the Grape Garden on Saturday 23rd April from 7.30pm.
There will be a short quiz with a British Theme.
We would like to supply a finger buffet,  so if everybody could bring something then there will be no charge for food.
I will need to know how many people are coming and what food they are bringing.

I look forward to hearing from you
Love Twinkle01

Offline Woodies

St. George's Day
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 10:09:27 AM »
Will definitely be there Maureen, five of us with plenty of sausage and mash, bunting and flags. Looking forward to it, and good on Mehmet allowing us to celebrate our patron saints day. See you there xx.

Offline twinkle01

St. George's Day
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 16:25:01 PM »
Thanks Woodies,there will be plenty of sausage rolls I think the butterfly cake lady is making the sausage rolls and other dishes not sure there will be any mash unless you want to make it !!

Twinkle01 xx

Offline twinkle01

St. George's Day
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 11:16:41 AM »
I am going to put a form up in the Grape Garden so I can get the number of people coming.
Please add your names asap

Many Thanks

Twinkle01

Offline Woodies

St. George's Day
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 09:25:13 AM »
Just to let you all know, Mehmet is hoping to arrange the guitarist for saturday night (St Georges Day celebration), who played for us all at the mushroom festival. Those that were there that night, will know he is a bit special, and will get everyone up and dancing the night away. Don't forget to add your names to the list in the Grape Garden, and an idea of what food/snacks you will be bringing. Over 40 plus now, so should be a great evening.

Offline calvin 1949

St. George's Day
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 13:39:24 PM »
Sorry cannot be with you all, but will be celebrating over here both St George,s Day and Jills birthday.Have a great night and no Doing the conga to the Winehouse ,sounds like both venues will be buzzing ,have a great night one and all.

Offline twinkle01

St. George's Day
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 13:07:52 PM »
Hi All,
Just want to say thank you to the following people who made the St. George's Evening a fun night.

Thank you to the  ladies and guy's who supplied the food, I think we can say we put on a good spread

A big thank you to Fiona and Eric for coming out of retirement and doing the fun quiz even though Eric did not do the full monty !!

Thank you to Memhet and staff for looking after us all

A big thank you to the hunks that carried me up and down the stairs

Thanks for all that turned up and made it a good evening, maybe we will do something like this again

Love Twinkle01

Offline Firo

St. George's Day
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 14:51:38 PM »
Well done to you for organising it, it was a great night and we were really happy to do a quiz for you "For one night only"....lol  :-\ 8)

As far as Eric not doing the Full Monty, you really should be thanking your lucky stars that he didn't. ;): :)

Well done Mehmet and all the staff for running a smooth bar. Now my head needs a recovery periood after 2 nights in a row on the Vodka.:( 8)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
St. George's Day
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 14:53:12 PM »
Thanks to all for the fab night, great food and brill company.  :)

Offline bikerchickblonde

St. George's Day
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 20:02:22 PM »
Brilliant night .... thanks to all who organised!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf