Author Topic: Residence Visa  (Read 2685 times)

Offline purdey

Residence Visa
« on: May 02, 2011, 18:41:08 PM »
Has anyone had to pay a lot of money at the beginning of this year like my husband and myself have had to pay. In January they set the rate for this year as the same as last year so my husband and myself paid £2,500 between us. Now in April they have changed the rate to a menial amount which should have cost us £480 compared to what we have had to pay.Has anybody heard if they will be giving any reabates to people who have paid to much from the beginning of this year.It was stated in April in the Land of Lights that we may get a rebate.

Offline tel

Residence Visa
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 19:28:12 PM »
Good luck,I feel for you. But a lot of people, especially on CBF took the feeling that it was best to hang on a bit as negotiations were in place between UK & TR. But I wish you sincerely the best of luck and hope you are successful.

Offline ronzeus

Residence Visa
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 19:33:47 PM »
The beauty of being on good Turkish forums (CBF ) Dilys is that you would have had the advice to hold back as something was changing,unfortuneately the only thing you are likely to get back is sympathy.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 19:34:34 PM by ronzeus »

Offline Julesp

Residence Visa
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 22:14:08 PM »
There was talk of rebates being given But I doubt it very much Im sure if there are it will be posted on here

I feel the last 2 posts were very insensitive to all the people who decided to purchase residency here in the past according to the laws, rather than doing what were in effect illegal tourist visa runs, Now from saying *We just dont want residency* many people who lived here on the tourist visas cant wait to apply for residency
now it is cheap

Offline tel

Residence Visa
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 22:45:00 PM »
Julessp,insensitive I don't think so.I commend them at least doing the correct lawful route if they intend to permanently reside in Turkey like myself who also took residency 5 years ago and about to renew shortly.Not guilty then as I have proper residency and never resorted to cheap illegal,as you put it tourist visa runs and thats why I wished them good luck.

Offline Julesp

Residence Visa
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 23:19:12 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tel

Julessp,insensitive I don't think so.I commend them at least doing the correct lawful route if they intend to permanently reside in Turkey like myself who also took residency 5 years ago and about to renew shortly.Not guilty then as I have proper residency and never resorted to cheap illegal,as you put it tourist visa runs and thats why I wished them good luck.

Sorry if I offended But it was the way you inferred that they should have took advice from the forum before buying residency that I was referring to. Not very helpful after they had already bought

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf