Author Topic: viewing ` uk tv abroad`  (Read 5638 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
viewing ` uk tv abroad`
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 09:35:37 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by puma

hi all how do you get this service

http://www.uktvaccess.com/order.htm

Offline jul bri

viewing ` uk tv abroad`
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 10:12:57 AM »
Hi again sleuth.
Googled your problem, there is a fault with vista, most comment sujest a registry problem, I would try downloading ccleaner and check for regestry problems its free just google ccleaner hope this helps.brian,
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 11:40:57 AM by jul bri »

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
viewing ` uk tv abroad`
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 18:19:42 PM »
thanks loz

Offline hamilton

viewing ` uk tv abroad`
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 16:30:14 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sleuth

Hi Jul bri
            We have tried everything...  we think its because the laptop we use is a `vista` and that may be the problem. We have been told bu UK TV Abroad that they have never encountered the problem before ?  so we may have to live with it. Altering the settings on the tv doesn`t do anything as the two black bars top and bottom are on the laptop.

I use Vista, no problem at all if I have 2mb or above. Do a speed test first, before looking further.

Offline Sleuth

viewing ` uk tv abroad`
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 06:48:00 AM »
Speed test shows good results most of the time Hamilton ... the only time the picture image fills the screen completely is if  /  when we watch an `old` tv programme ( made before the arrival of wide screen tv`s )  Any other tv progs we have to watch in cinemascope wasting 4 inches of a 42 inch screen....  frustrating and niggling   :-)

Offline hamilton

viewing ` uk tv abroad`
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 07:42:06 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sleuth

Speed test shows good results most of the time Hamilton ... the only time the picture image fills the screen completely is if  /  when we watch an `old` tv programme ( made before the arrival of wide screen tv`s )  Any other tv progs we have to watch in cinemascope wasting 4 inches of a 42 inch screen....  frustrating and niggling   :-)

Have you tried setting your TV picture to letterbox, or using the zoom functionon handset. If the broad cast is in widescreen by doing any of the above will crop the picture, but might fill in the 4".
You may also encounter distortion if you change screen settings.

Offline blackrabbitz

viewing ` uk tv abroad`
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 10:40:00 AM »
i have had nothing but trouble with expat shield. for one, there's no technical support ...

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
viewing ` uk tv abroad`
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 21:04:55 PM »
blackrabbitz you sent me a email
i could not open it because my computer says do not open ???????????
what did you want ???????????

Offline Lorraine

viewing ` uk tv abroad`
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 06:01:38 AM »
I subscribed yesterday morning, installed the programme without any problems but found when I was connected to the server I could no longer use the internet. Very good support from UK TV abroad, had to follow many commans that were really beyond my capeability, nothing worked and after about 15 emails established that it was I use a Turkcell dongle to access the internet. Suggested that I needed to ring Turkcell and ask them to allow the dongle to do something (have it written down but can't find at the moment), rang, automated. So went to Fethiye on the dolmus at 6pm in the hope of getting the issue resolved in time for Strictly / X Factor, 2 hours later - no luck. Went home and watched another DVD.

Offline screamlead

viewing ` uk tv abroad`
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 07:29:25 AM »
Think you mean  - unblock port xxx - on the dongle to allow the program to access the internet.
Imagine the - Port - as a doorway - its locked  - and the program you are using needs to go through that 'door' to access or 'see' that program. Some ports are allocated by various programs on the computer - ie - all email use port 80 etc etc. Some download programs need exclusive access to port 443 for speed so if the dongle or router are not allocating those ports to those programs then you will have problems with TV progs running slow and jerking etc so you have to manually force the dongle or router to use those ports. Its a bit technical i know but who ever is advising you should give you clear instructions on how to do it, i dont think turkcell will be too happy by you telling them you want to watch english TV programs over the internet.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf