Author Topic: Ovacik Family Split by UK Border Agency Rules  (Read 10572 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Ovacik Family Split by UK Border Agency Rules
« on: July 15, 2011, 15:50:58 PM »
A HEARTBROKEN mum who wed the man of her dreams after they enjoyed a holiday romance has told how red tape is forcing them to spend married life thousands of miles apart.

Claire Manson fell in love with Ozkan Keseli during a trip to Turkey and, a year later, she gave birth to their son, Ozzi.

However, Ozkan had to miss the birth after the UK Border Agency refused to allow him to enter the country on a visiting visa.

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk/renfrewshire-news/2011/07/15/family-split-by-red-tape-and-3-130-miles-87085-29055349/

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 17:00:24 PM »
Scunner I note that you have simply presented this information.  Is this a case of presenting the blue touch paper and standing back, for someone else to light blue touch paper also stand back as the whole lot goes bang?

Good tactics on your part, but I'm not going to light that blue touch paper, no matter how well presented :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 17:01:41 PM »
Is my purpose to provide a discussion forum or a forum and discussions  ;)

Offline scorcher

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 17:06:39 PM »
Maybe, but I do hope that the duck thread doesn't get hi-jacked.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 17:28:55 PM »
I must remember to start a new topic about the price of Efes

Offline booo

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 21:25:20 PM »
It is sad for them but it is difficult to get even a visitor visa,
If the border agency looked at the application they would see that she hadnt lived here, that he wasnt employed so had no work to return for etc and that they werent married at the time. Not surprised they refused it.
That being said I think that now they are married and have child that he will get one now!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 21:37:27 PM »
What a heartbreaking story. I can only hope that this is an isolate case.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 22:17:49 PM »
Well here goes.  The Border Agency is often accussed by the press and people through out the UK of not doing its job in protecting our borders and allowing hordes of illegal immigrants to enter Britain.  Then when they do their job - as in this case - they also receive bad press!  Something wrong there

In this particular case I have little sympathy for these two.  They knew it was not going to be easy to have a relationship seperated by distance and border control, or if they didn't they should have found out.  Certainly before getting pregnant anyway.  Also getting pregnant when birth control is both freely and readily available is certainly no reason why exceptions should be made in this or in any other case involving consensual sex.

Yes I have sympathy for the child, its not his or her fault that he or she has stupid parents.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 22:28:09 PM »
In this case it suggests that he tried to enter the UK on a visitor/temporary visa. Under the circumstances the Border Agency are only interested in one thing - will he leave on it's expiry - and the answer you would have to come to is probably not, they would view it that he wanted to live in the UK permanently.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 22:50:22 PM »
I must agree with Usedbustickets on this. Immigration is a very touchy subject and the previous government has been accused of virtually opening the doors. This guy is seasonal worker who cannot demonstrate that he is able to support himself. We have a situation where the woman has only a part time job so it is likely that the tax payer is picking up a fair share of the cost of bringing up this child. I admit to knowing very little about Paisley but I am sure there is not a great demand for holiday photographers in the area and there is also an already high unemployment rate. So if this guy is allowed he will finish up claiming benefits.

I know I may sound harsh but we have to draw a line under immigration. The UK has been voted the number 1 destination by migrants. We all know why as we are just suckers and hand benefits out left right and centre.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf