Author Topic: Ovacik Family Split by UK Border Agency Rules  (Read 10578 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Ovacik Family Split by UK Border Agency Rules
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2011, 13:37:59 PM »
We lived in Turkey for 3 years after I was threatened with a gun and threats made regarding my children. I was never forced out of anywhere and come and go in Turkey as and when I please to see mainly my Turkish friends. Do you want to continue discussing a subject you obviously know nothing about or shall we return to the topic of this thread?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2011, 13:45:22 PM »
What's the difference between a British work shy layabout and a Turkish work shy layabout?

One starves.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2011, 18:10:12 PM »
I'm still fretting about the ducks......

Offline booo

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2011, 19:22:44 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by simpsons

quote:
Originally posted by booo
simpsons - It is very hard to find work in Fethiye that is 12 months rather than seasonal

Then who runs all the businesses and shops, supermarkets, restaurants etc in winter? Cmon, if you are out of work in England, do you run off to another country to look for it? Theproblem is that a lot of Turks are fussy and want as much money for as little work. If I had to feed my family, I would take anything that pays. "Little money,is better than no money".

The same businesses and shops that you speak of are staffed all year round, so where do all the extra jobs come from that the people who can only get jobs in the summer come from?
I dont agree that Janice has ran off to some other country, the business didnt work out so they had to look at other options and for them the UK must have presented the best option. It would be easier for her to get work in the UK, they would more than likely have family support in the UK.
You wouldnt leave England if you lost your job but in Turkey if you have no job there are no benefits, no insurance for healthcare.........nothing at all

Offline tony jenkins

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2011, 21:08:28 PM »
UK = Benefits.     Turkey = No Benefits.      End of Story.

Offline Janice1971

« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2011, 08:45:34 AM »
When our business failed, we both went cleaning villas for 3 months, my husband tried and tried to get a full time job in Turkey, unfortunately the only jobs that were available didnt cover our rent and bills, at the time our daughter was 18 months old and we were literally down to our last £50.  I made the awful decision that my only option was to return to the UK, luckily I had a house to return to, my husband couldnt join me for 6 months due to the visa process taking so long.  I then got a job working nights as a carer.  If we hadnt had children I would probably have stuck it out and found a way around the money problems, however when you are faced with the fact that you didnt know how you were going to feed you daughter, what would you have done?  I loved Turkey and I loved my life in Turkey, when we brought our cake shop the thought that it wasnt going to suceed never entered my mind.  All Im saying is that there are genuine Turkish/English marriages and it is hard enough to balance money/work/family life here in the UK without being faced with £1000's for visa, solicitors etc!

Offline tony jenkins

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2011, 10:02:39 AM »
Anyone who has the courage to start a business has to be admired. No one starts off with thoughts of failing.
It is very hard to be succesfull wherever your business is based. I think that the experience gained can be used in the future to perhaps have another try.

Good Luck  :)

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2011, 08:38:58 AM »
Life in Turkey is very hard. There are few jobs and unfortunately people who are prepared to let you work and then fail to pay you.   In the UK if you are legally resident not just on a visitors visa you are allowed to work. As a British citizen in Turkey who is legally resident I am not allowed to work.  Very few companies want to apply for a work permit for a foreigner.  When you marry a Turkish person you have to wait 3 years before you can apply for citizenship.   I can understand why so many genuine couples opt for trying to make a go of it in the UK.   But do agree that meeting someone on holiday and getting pregnant in a matter of weeks is perhaps not the greatest idea.   There are many countries that Turkish people can visit without the need for a visa perhaps the couple mentioned could consider settling somewhere that is possible for them to be together legally and without the need for a visa.    

Offline kornerdogan

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2011, 11:45:25 AM »
Janice you do not have to justify why you chose to return to your country or who you married - you lived in the uk and you lived in turkey this is both your right and your choice - you tried in business it didnot work - happens to lots of people - I too married a turkish man 5 years ago we live half the time in the uk and half the time in turkey it was difficult getting a visa at first but was fine as long as you produce the documents they require and can show you can support your spouse and family - good luck with your choice.

Offline peecee

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2011, 08:15:21 AM »
In the article she says she is flying backwards and forwards to Turkey so her husband can see his son.
The two things I would like to know are:-
If she only works part-time how can she afford the flights
and
do her 2 other children come with her or are they left in the UK

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf