Author Topic: Burglary Reported  (Read 9287 times)

Offline corbindallas

Burglary Reported
« on: July 31, 2011, 20:46:54 PM »
A burglary occurred in the early hours of this morning 31st July around 5am to a property just off the Cadianda Road. The villa was occupied by a family on holiday and the suspect(s) were disturbed, they got away on foot and stole a number of small items cash, credit cards, mobile phone and passport, entry was made via a toilet window.The suspect seen in the property was described as a Turkish man in his twenties. Please be alert to any suspicious behavior and call the police/jandarma to investigate any such activity, they will not mind even if the issue turns out to be innocent. If you live or holiday in Uzumlu you can keep up to date with all information and advice regarding crimes in the area by joining the Uzumlu Community Watch on uzumlucw@gmail.com for reference the local Uzumlu Jandarma telephone number is 6655001 or from a mobile it is 0252 6655001
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 07:45:01 AM by corbindallas »

Offline neylan

Burglary Reported
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 14:08:00 PM »
how can you say his/her nationality?
she said that only approx.(165) tall and thin, could not say also male or female thats all she saw.

Offline corbindallas

Burglary Reported
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 19:38:14 PM »
Hi Neylan, we reported only what we were informed, if any is incorrect then they only need to clarify as it is vital we circulate information as correctly as possible, we have asked for an update to what was posted by us and have received no more info as yet.

Offline lanky

Burglary Reported
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 07:29:38 AM »
On Saurdasy night, the villa of my neighbor, who is in the UK for Xmas, was burgled. It happened while we were having an evening meal in The Wine House. Despite there beig a car in the drive, no attempt was made to do it quitely, as every door downstairswas shattered before they moved upstairs. They knew no one was at home, which means it had to be locals that done it. It was reported to the Jendarm,s who took statements but wont do any finger print searches untill my neighbors return from the UK, by which time, anything stolen will be long gone. I now feel that to have a night out in the village, makes it more likely that i will be burgled (again), than if i went further afield.

Offline goatman

Burglary Reported
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 12:54:18 PM »
neylan why do u think its not turkish men who have been burgling english villas 'wake up and smell the coffee' as the saying goes
who else can u think of ,just because u are turkish ,it doesnt mean every turk is good and honest like yrself
i dont think english people are doing it ,no english man could get through a bath room window as they are too old and too fat (sorry guys)so please dont come out with
'how can u say his /her nationality etc'
i dont believe that u have been burgled ,its not nice ,so by saying the same quote every time someone reports they see the person is patronizing to the people who have been burgled
so have a little compasion for people who have suffered

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 13:03:02 PM by goatman »

Offline Taylor Maid

Burglary Reported
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 13:45:07 PM »
From the regularity and the way that people are being broken into it must be a person or persons with local knowledge who are familiar with expats movements and terrain,as many burglaries occur when expats are in the local restaurants supporting local people. I have yet to see a fit 20 to 35 year old expat able to climb through small windows  and wrought iron bars, and why for one moment would an expat report stolen passports, credit cards etc as this causes so much inconvience to the said party.
The person seen in the bedroom was not English , but surley the essence of this has to be whether English ,Turkish or any other nationality these persons should be caught and punished.

Offline goatman

Burglary Reported
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 14:11:12 PM »
All i know far too many properties are again being burgled and nothing is being done to stop this ,some one must know something ,also who are buying all theses tv ,phones,laptops ,passports etc ,these burglers must be from this village as they know who owns which car and who lives in which house ,so they are watching us when we are out in the village .
We have brought alot of money into this lovely village ,which has helped shop keepers and business alike ,and this is what they think of us ,just english with too much of everything ,so they think they can just take what they want ,so what can be done ?
we could for starters stop spending our moneys in the village for a while ,then the business might approach the jamdarma to do something.
Can anyone else think of anything that can be done ?

Offline ceni

Burglary Reported
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 15:54:13 PM »
ll i know far too many properties are again being burgled and nothing is being done to stop this ,some one must know something ,also who are buying all theses tv ,phones,laptops ,passports etc ,these burglers must be from this village as they know who owns which car and who lives in which house ,so they are watching us when we are out in the village .
We have brought alot of money into this lovely village ,which has helped shop keepers and business alike ,and this is what they think of us ,just english with too much of everything ,so they think they can just take what they want ,so what can be done ?
we could for starters stop spending our moneys in the village for a while ,then the business might approach the jamdarma to do something.
Can anyone else think of anything that can be done ?

Can't agree more with this post!

The saying "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" springs to mind, but some are just too thick  or greedy to understand it!

Offline lanky

Burglary Reported
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 17:53:35 PM »
Tonight i am meeting my neighbours on there return from the UK. They are coming home to theirvillas which has all the interior doors smashed and every cupboard and drawer strewn over the floors.The Jandarms, for whatever reason would not dust for prints untill they came home, so, if by some miracle a match was found, any stolen goods would be long gone. This as a lovely village, but untill something is done to prevent what is happening here, i will not spend a single Lira in this village. I cannot bring myself to support people who are stealing from us. If more people took this stance, then sooner or later information on these burglaries would be more forthcoming.  

Offline Sus

Burglary Reported
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 07:05:17 AM »
Well as already said it sounds as there is someone behind all this with a good knowledge of what you Brits are up to and when.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 17:08:33 PM by Sus »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf