Author Topic: Ugly Cement Factory - Don't Buy in Uzumlu!  (Read 6547 times)

Offline calvin 1949

Ugly Cement Factory - Don't Buy in Uzumlu!
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2011, 15:37:22 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Firo

Elsa there is a B&B pension in Uzumlu owned by Turks . It is next door to the Grape Garden.

And its for sale:P!!!!! great books think it had 12 guests last year!!! :)

Offline elsa

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2011, 18:12:44 PM »
Thanks for all your advice.
I'm sorry if my question sparked more controversy regarding your lovely village.
I've taken it on board, and will forget the whole idea.
I am gobsmacked at the aggression on mse...there really are some nasty people around.
They seem to be missing the point when they say that Uzumlu is not a happening place...that's the reason I liked it so much.
From what I can gather, there are things to do,if you want to be a part of the community, and the space do do nothing if that's what suits you, all in peaceful and beautiful surroundings.
I come from a small place, with countryside all around, and that's the sort of place I would like to live in Turkey.
I am used to peace and quiet, I have dogs, and love walking.
The fact that there are restaurants on the doorstep is an added bonus.
It has far more to offer than the place I usually stay.
Of course it's not for everyone, the world would be a boring place if we all wanted the same out of life, but I still feel that Uzumlu has a unique attraction...village close to a busy town, and the sea almost on the doorstep, so you can dip in and out of the hustle and bustle, and then go back to your homes and your peaceful surroundings.
Don't let these idiots wind you up, I would just let it go, no matter what you say, they are going to come back with another nasty retort, and it will just add fuel to the fire.
If I hadn't been looking at Uzumlu from a business point of view, they wouldn't have put me off, but they could have a really negative effect on other people who find the thread whilst searching on google...which is how I found it.
So, sit back and enjoy your " Cement ridden, cold, expensive, quiet lives" and let the idiots who have nothing better to do than bitch on forums rot in their own misery.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2011, 20:06:20 PM »
Put very nicely Elsa.  Hopefully you'll find what your looking for soon

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf