Author Topic: Electric blankets are here!  (Read 2062 times)

Offline bunny4jeff

Electric blankets are here!
« on: November 22, 2011, 09:30:22 AM »
After searching round Fethiye for an electric blanket - in places where we THOUGHT were more likely to sell them, ie. small electricals shops, fruitlessly, we were finally pointed to the right place, by the parking meter man in Carsi Caddesi. The last place we would have ever thought of looking; a carpet shop, No.73, Carsi Cadessi, called Koc Hali Sarayi, has them. :DIn Turkish, the name is elektrikli battaniye, if you have to ask the man, but they were hanging up outside the shop. That's right, a carpet shop :-). No wonder we couldn't find them! I have seen then in Migros and Carrefour last year, maybe they'll be in there as well. Pretty basic model, but they warm the bed and the other half's Arctic feet! Price for a double 30 TL, very reasonable. Colours and patterns are Turkish..enough said :-)[xx(]
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:32:22 AM by bunny4jeff »

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 09:48:45 AM »
Seems you have been "done" - Migros & Kipa have them at 23tl & according to Lance a shop in Gunlukbasi at 20tl!!

Offline bunny4jeff

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 10:30:33 AM »
Oh nooo...lol. We went into the small Migros Opposite the nice chemist, they had none there. Never occurred to us that they'd be in Gunlukbasi! :-/
quote:
Originally posted by Liz 101

Seems you have been "done" - Migros & Kipa have them at 23tl & according to Lance a shop in Gunlukbasi at 20tl!!

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 20:01:01 PM »
It'll be a bugger if "The Parking Meter Man" in Carsi Cadessi ever moves his "perch" !!  ;): :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 20:01:44 PM by GordonA »

Offline bunny4jeff

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 21:08:10 PM »
He is certainly worth his weight in liras :-) I might have paid a few liras over the odds for the leccy blanket but hubby's thawed feet were so worth it :-)

Offline bunny4jeff

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 22:13:57 PM »
Saw them in Kipa last week, you are right, Liz, only 23 liras, But in the big Migros, only one left, at 35.90. The other one they had, but no more, was 33 liras. I don't feel QUITE so hard done by now:-)
quote:
Originally posted by Liz 101

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf