Author Topic: Uzumlu Road Warning!  (Read 1809 times)

Offline corbindallas

Uzumlu Road Warning!
« on: December 08, 2011, 08:41:37 AM »
Hi all, last night around 11pm I was driving along the Uzumlu road towards Uzumlu and had just past the second high school building site where the road dips down before going up again, when I was confronted with a large dirty white horse in the middle of the road, needless to say I managed to break in time, but just beyond this unnoticed at the time was a dark brown smaller horse, the dirty white horse had both it's front legs tied, I guess by the owner to try and stop it wondering off, the dark brown was loose,the white hopped off the road and the brown followed, luckily I was not going at speed as I had saw some large rocks had fallen on the road from the rain on the way down before and it was the white horse in front. So please be aware! Not sure if anything could be done for the horses but maybe someone on here would know?

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Uzumlu Road Warning!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 09:24:47 AM »
Scunner:   Can we also copy this into the Animal Aid section so people can look out for these poor animals ?

Offline Just Marian

Uzumlu Road Warning!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 10:11:35 AM »
A few days ago there were three of them together.

We saw all three of them grazing at the side of the the Uzumlu Road, but much closer to Fethiye.  
Two small brown ones and the larger white one.

Yesterday, we only saw one small brown one down towards Fethiye, it may have stayed put, looks like the other two have made there way up towards Uzumlu.

Offline Eric

Uzumlu Road Warning!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 15:10:03 PM »
They could belong to the Nomads who have come down from the mountains for the winter.  On Sunday I passed some who were herding a large group of sheep, goats, cows and horses down the Uzumlu road towards Fethiye.  They have probably set up their winter camp in the forest there and the horses wandered off.

Offline scorcher

Uzumlu Road Warning!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 16:16:47 PM »
Perhaps they have run out of pegs Eric.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf