Author Topic: an interesting tale...........  (Read 8926 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
an interesting tale...........
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 17:37:24 PM »
What does she mean when she says she has no choice [?] Of course she does.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 17:56:07 PM »
I should have thought that if this was the case, either Cenk, or Keith would have advise/mentioned it. Then again, some people willbelieve all that a Turkish friend/botfriend/barman/shoeshine boy, will tell them, & I believe that Keith has probably had enough of trying to advise idiots !! Apologies to Keith if I have jumped the gun.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 18:04:04 PM »
Correct. The tragedy of Fethiye is that everyone is a property expert or knows one - and will believe their every word over the opinion of 100 of the rest of us so there really is no point wasting my life trying anymore. Nice to have friends though isn't it...

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 18:52:43 PM »
Waving goodbye to her money me thinks.

Offline BM06

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 19:39:19 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kizkucuk

I told her it was a scam - she's very trusting - hopefully she listened to me.  It was just after I got home the little voice in my head said - what if it's true?  Didn't think it was but thought I would check. I'm not even convinced the Solicitor is a Solicitor - she tells me that they asked for 12000 lira to change her tapu into her sons name.

I am nearly as bored as Keith with all the scams and warning people ;) but may I ask what has her sons name got to do with it [?]
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 19:40:16 PM by BM06 »

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 21:07:12 PM »
She originally planned to transfer property to her son and was quoted 12000 lira to change tapu over - she then decided to sell - same Solicitor has told her she has to sell via a Turkish person and has offered to be that person.  There are still people who believe that if a Solicitor says it then it must be true.    Interesting to hear that it's not an isolated case.

Offline BM06

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 21:18:43 PM »
I see now  :-\ well I can only agree with what has already been advised, it can only be a scam, advise her to keep well away from him/her  :)

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 21:30:37 PM »
Although I think it is a scam,I have a degree of sympathy for this lady. Over the years we have seen some long discussions on here on some of the daft things Turkish governments have passed or not passed. I think most of us have come to the conclusion that anything the government passes would not surprise us. There are many people who would have, only for this forum,been taken for mugs.I always found it difficult to get impartial advice that I could trust.Many times when you ask authority a question they suddenly do not understand you or they are not able to speak English.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 22:07:53 PM »
The point is that the correct information is freely available to all - I'm not talking about CBF specifically - on other forums, from asking advice from others around them etc. Let's be honest, there are around 10 people within an hour or two in full agreement about what is right and wrong in this very topic alone - how has it taken till now for this woman to stumble upon one? And even having found Kizkucuk and been given what turns out to be good advice, still appears to believe it to be wrong.

Sadly there are people who time and time again don't research and refuse to listen to good advice. These people are the ones you see on Holiday Homes from Hell - not the ones who tirelessly asked around and searched for all the information the World had to offer on the subject.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 23:52:06 PM »
Keith, not everyone is streetwise. I worked in banking and some of the things that people have done with money and securities would make you think that these people are stupid. There have been a number of times that I have had to bite my lip. What is worse is that most of these were supposed to be educated people.

She was taken off to see someone that was a solicitor or claimed to be a solicitor. It is not possible to tell whether the bloke she saw was a solicitor or he was bogus. Most times a posh suit and confidence is enough for the con to work.If I use the word friend then I am talking about someone I trust and if they give me advice then I would tend to believe it.

I do not dispute that sometimes many will believe the local waiter (because of his nice smile)rather than someone who calls it as they see it. In most cases it a matter of believing what they want to hear and not what are the cold facts.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf