Author Topic: FiGs Coffee morning Re SGK  (Read 4412 times)

Offline Julesp

FiGs Coffee morning Re SGK
« on: February 22, 2012, 20:23:43 PM »
After todays meeting at FiGs Coffee morning I hope I am able to clear up some confusion regarding the SGK,
In January we were informed that the people with residency would have to join the SGK scheme before 31 01 2012  but after talks with  Turkish Authorities in Ankara and the British Consul there, those who do not wish to join the scheme are not now obliged to do so.
The people that signed up for SGK in January will be entered on the scheme ASAP but the SGK office is dealing with in excess of 8000 applications from expats alone so are struggling to put everyone on the system But hope to have everyone who registered on the computer by next week
To pay for your SGK you just need to go to a Turkish bank ask to pay SGK and give your kimlik number, the one starting 99
Its possible that anyone who tries to pay at the bank will not yet be on the system The SGK office and the banks haven't got their act together yet and some banks don't know what SGK is! But that should be ironed out next week ,  but you should try to pay before the end of the month when every application should be entered
Those that have been out of the country and haven't been able to apply can do so if they go to SGK ASAP on their return and register
After they take your payment you are entitled to free treatment at the state hospitals and GPs  similar to NHS in Uk, and also reduced prescription charges and emergency or essential  Dental treatment
I f you decide to go to a private hospital you pay the difference between the private cost and government price
You can  apply for SGk only after living here for 1 year on residence Visa
Those people that registered before 31st Jan 2012 and now do not wish to take up the health insurance scheme should just not pay any money , you will be kicked off the scheme anyway! But if you decide to join later you will be charged all back payments from when you applied plus fines
Also If you are late in your payments The doctor will see you the first time But after that you either pay your late SGK payments or pay the full price
Any questions that I may have missed please ask and I will try to reply

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 06:32:18 AM »
Jules - thanks for a very comprehensive update that is very useful.
As I said in a previous post - we registered - have had a letter acknowledging our registration - but would prefer to start paying after one yearof residency (Jan 2013).

Do you think we will at that point be asked to make back payments to Jan 2012 because we have registered now?

I appreciate you may not know but after your meeting yesterday your opinion would be appreciated.

Many thanks - Ian  :)

Offline busybee

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 06:42:38 AM »
For those that couldnt get to the meeting yesterday, thanks for the overview Jules.

So for instance if an op at the Esnaf cost 5000 and at the Devlet cost 1500 you would pay the difference of 3500.

Offline Angelic

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 07:00:16 AM »
Many thanks Jules things are much clearer now. xx

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 07:06:45 AM »
I don't understand how you managed to register Ian, I took my form to the  sgk office and they told me to go back in November when I've had residency for a year
I've heard of others who havent had residency very long who registered too, but seems we all saw the same lady there.
so confusing !

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 08:47:55 AM »
Linda - you can pay mine if I have to start paying now  :)

But YES very odd - we will only know I suspect when I go to make our first payment in Jan 13 and they ask for 12 back payments I will say ahhh I have been covered how reassuring or b****cks depending on my mood at the time  ;)

Offline Julesp

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 10:02:09 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by busybee

For those that couldnt get to the meeting yesterday, thanks for the overview Jules.

So for instance if an op at the Esnaf cost 5000 and at the Devlet cost 1500 you would pay the difference of 3500.

Yes !

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 16:14:11 PM »
Can I add that there are only 3 banks that you can pay at - T.C Ziraat, Halkbank and VakifBank.

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 16:26:06 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

As I said in a previous post - we registered - have had a letter acknowledging our registration - but would prefer to start paying after one yearof residency (Jan 2013).

Do you think we will at that point be asked to make back payments to Jan 2012 because we have registered now?

I appreciate you may not know but after your meeting yesterday your opinion would be appreciated.

Many thanks - Ian  :)

Ian - He did tell us that you cannot register and get into the system until you have completed one year of residency. It looks like you have 'slipped through'. We were told we couldn't register until we had completed a year when we went to the office in January.

We were also told that we would receive a letter around the completion of our year to ask us to register if we wanted to join. We got a letter last week and our year isn't up until October!

When the subject of 'fines' came up - he suggested that they should be ignored and not paid.

It was reassuring to hear that there is also a lot of confusion still for the Turkish people, regarding registering and paying etc, so it's not just the foreigners who are finding it all so frustrating  :o ;) :)

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 16:59:18 PM »
Thank you  - nice to know I am not on my own then :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf