Author Topic: Visa Advice Please  (Read 11425 times)

Offline Marggie

Re: Visa Advice Please
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2012, 08:33:52 AM »
Hi 160606, looks like your best bet would be to get new visa stickers when you land - after all it will be the 180th day - think that would be less risky than being there on an expired visa.

However, as your visit is a fair way off, I'm sure there will be a fair amount of information on here before then which may help you.

Offline 160606

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2012, 10:15:43 AM »
Thanks for that Marggie, you have been more than helpful, and yes I agree will keep my eye on the situation and advice here on cbf but think we would be better to buy new visa to save any problems.  Hoopefully we will be househunting while we are in Calis this year so don't want to create any unneccessary problems.

Offline sunlover

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2012, 20:44:40 PM »
we got the new style visas when we entered in May this year but need to get new passports for our September trip as they expire january and i believe we need 6 months left on them when we eneter the country, so will we loose our visas we brought ? or can we transfer them to our new passports ?

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2012, 20:46:51 PM »
You'll need to get a new visa I'm afraid. I had the same thing last year

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2012, 21:33:29 PM »
Well what a shambles that turned out to be. We flew in to Dalaman on the 26th April and flew home 3 weeks later. Today we flew into Istanbul Ataturk and went straight to passport control. The guy looked at our visas and said they are out of date, only valid for 90 days I asked about the new ruling but was told no, only 90 days , We then had to queue at the visa desks and I asked two different guys about the visa both said only valid for 90 days and were quite rude having a laugh about it to each other. So new visas purchased, exactly the same as the ones we have which state 90 days in 180. Hopefully you lot will have better luck in Dalaman

Offline charlste

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2012, 16:15:33 PM »
I read the land of lights article and there is an interesting line in it saying tourists can extend their visa for 6 months.Does anybody know how to do this.

Offline starman

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2012, 16:44:48 PM »
You cant extend your visa unless you get residence permit.

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2012, 08:42:06 AM »
I was having a peek on another forum and apparently there have been loads of problems at Istanbul

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf