Author Topic: Jubilee Tree Planting .....  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Firo

Jubilee Tree Planting .....
« on: June 13, 2012, 14:00:51 PM »
I have just been informed that the Commemorative Tree Planting, to celebrate the Queens 60 years, is going to happen in Uzumlu with the Honorary British Consul tomorrow, Thursday, at 11am in the park near the old Seljuk mosque at the top of the village.
Please can as many British Expats in Uzumlu attend as it is in commemoration of our Queen so it would be good to have a large turnout to show our appreciation.
Please pass on the word to all your contacts in the village.
Many thanks

Offline ovacik2

Re: Jubilee Tree Planting .....
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 15:19:50 PM »
Frio!
Great to have a planting, if a comemorative time capsual is to be planted too, hope you dont mind if we say plan for recovery at some future date. Our planting in Thirlmere Cumbria Uk 60 years ago and utter confusion now as to where the capsual was planted. :-[ It was suggested that the capsual be checked added to and replaced for the future. Was it under the tree to the left right? The tree is also now a massive and beautiful Oak. Just a thought!  :)

Offline Firo

Re: Jubilee Tree Planting .....
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 16:52:20 PM »
No capsule but I'm just very happy that Turkey is allowing the British Consulate to plant 6 trees, one for each decade of the queens reign, in different areas where expats have settled.  ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf