Author Topic: Locate your stolen devices  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Merlin

Locate your stolen devices
« on: June 17, 2012, 18:59:18 PM »

I have been an advocate of this open source software for many months and it works so is your best defense if you have a laptop, phone or tablet

There is no catch, no money and no overhead, merely sign up and register your devices for instant tracking.

Go to their site and watch the video.

http://preyproject.com/

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Locate your stolen devices
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 19:04:47 PM »
I'm already using it for my laptop and mobile.

Offline Merlin

Re: Locate your stolen devices
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 19:07:56 PM »
We lost 2 in January - police were hopeless. Located with ease and recovered using conventional methods.  : :)

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 19:54:25 PM »
My son has been using software like this for a while now on his phone. The only problem is that to get an accurate positioning you really need to keep GPS switched on which drains the battery really fast.  The other challenge is getting the police involved. My wife is a teacher and a pupil had a new iphone stolen. He had the GPS switched on and was able to track it to a local market stall where it had obviously been sold on. Unfortunately the police were not interested and when the stall holder was confronted by the parents the stall holder was un co-operative and as soon as they left he re-set the device. 

Im not saying that you should not use this as it is a great idea - its just that there are some limitations to effectiveness.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf