Author Topic: Spending our funds  (Read 2899 times)

Offline hubblebubbles

Spending our funds
« on: June 21, 2012, 19:53:50 PM »
We have had an absolutely wonderful day today visiting children with severe hearing problems and also a beautiful handicapped  young lady of 16 who needs an operation to enable her to walk. Hopefully we have sufficient funds to help all of the students and in time I will add details and photographs. Very rewarding day and makes our coffee mornings so worthwhile. Thanks to all our supporters,

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Re: Spending our funds
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 22:34:04 PM »
Fantastic to know the lovely ladies of Embrace are still going strong with their quiet but positive dedication to helping others, well done to all.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 07:38:25 AM »
Fantastic, well done to all of you, looking forward to the photos

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 08:29:13 AM »
Fantastic to know the lovely ladies of Embrace are still going strong with their quiet but positive dedication to helping others, well done to all.

Seconded - it is always great to see the fruits of all your tireless and voluntary labour and hear how all the work benefits those in the community that need it. I look forward to seeing the photos. (great look of anticipation thingy) :-)

Offline BUBSMUM

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 21:41:42 PM »
Fantastic news Mavis - well done to you and yours at Embrace

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 22:01:59 PM »

...and it is just that - while others shout from the rooftops about their events and achievements (and there's nothing wrong with that!) - Mavis and the Embrace ladies quietly get on with the business of getting help to people who really need help. Just inspiring, lovely people.

Offline turkishrod

• Always have an escape plan
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 22:13:26 PM »
Well done to everyone involved with Embrace and the terrific work you do   :)  :)  :)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 10:03:53 AM »

...and it is just that - while others shout from the rooftops about their events and achievements (and there's nothing wrong with that!) - Mavis and the Embrace ladies quietly get on with the business of getting help to people who really need help. Just inspiring, lovely people.
That's what impressed me most about Embrace Keith, quietly going about their business with very little "pomp or circumstance" but steadily getting the job done, as you say each to their own but nice to see this way works too. Oh the other thing that impressed me was Mavis's cake making, "to die for" will be the expression me thinks!

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 15:42:05 PM »
Many thanks for the kind replies . I would like to add that we have two gentlemen helpers who  regularly do a lot of the donkey work in getting the  sales set up and then returned to the depot after the coffee morning finishes. We couldnt manage without them so a huge thank you to David and Len....husbands of two of our ladies.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf