Author Topic: Is now the time to buy property ?  (Read 1662 times)

Offline maximumtom

Is now the time to buy property ?
« on: August 21, 2012, 08:37:57 AM »
The Turkish government has recently changed the law on the purchase of property to allow many more foreigners the right to purchase .  Will this create extra demand that will lead to an increase in prices and construction ?  Prices in the Calis area seem to have gone down( or at least been pretty stable) in the past couple of years. Is now the time to buy before the rush ?  Will Turks be priced out of the market if the 'buy to let' market expands ?  In the UK , extra demand (caused by the irresponsible lending spree a few years ago) led to rocketing prices that have kept the lower paid from the housing ladder.  Is something similar going to happen here ?

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
Re: Is now the time to buy property ?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 20:34:33 PM »
FOR SALE
1 crystal Ball    ;D ;D ;D

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 20:59:58 PM »
A very good question! Crystal ball would be helpful. There are a lot of Turkish people with a lot of cash these days and this area is on the popular list for them. Friends that have been in our area for the last ten years commented after being on one of their favourite boat trips how refreshing it was to hear and speak to so many different natonalities, even Italian and Polish. Interesting times ahead for this topic,just need some nerve?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 21:09:17 PM »
I think it is a good time to buy because there are a good number of people keen to sell and a bargain or two to be had because of that. However I can't see that the increase in nationalities who are able to buy will signal a huge rush. Russians could buy anyway (albeit with a slightly more complicated process) and I just can't imagine a huge number of Arabs coming over with bundles of cash to buy in the Fethiye area - perhaps I am wrong, let's hope so.

There is indeed plenty of Turkish money coming from the cities but sadly with British property being priced in sterling, and the £/TL rate being relatively high, UK owned apartments and villas are coming out expensive to those looking to buy in lira.

Offline amca

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 21:15:07 PM »
Is this a good time to buy a crystal ball?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 21:18:27 PM »
Crystal balls are offering a decent rate of return but the futures market is risky.

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 22:54:52 PM »
I was checking out the current prices yesterday and they seem to be up on last year. I also noticed a lot in Calis for sale in russian text. Quite a few locals have commented that more russians seem to be buying in calis than anywhere else.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf