Author Topic: What a difference a year makes - Latest Bozalan visit  (Read 7623 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: What a difference a year makes - Latest Bozalan visit
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 09:13:38 AM »
I'm just the one with the website. Without the stunning group of generous CBF members we'd have achieved nothing and I'd have just looked silly :D

It is an amazing achievement and great to see it in a "before and after" style.

Everyone who contributed should take a bow - you made a crappy, damp, cold, partly unusable building into a safe, comfortable and fun place to be - for an unbelievably sweet and well behaved group of kids.

Thank you!

Offline buddy

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 13:04:21 PM »
So lovely to see the difference this has made to those childrens outlook. Brilliant effort.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 15:24:41 PM »
i have only just read this post and I it brought tears to my eyes yet again. Even after visiting 3 times and seeing the end result I always forget how bad it truly was... It is unbelievable that those children could have learned anything in there and having NO water suppy beggars belief in this day and age...Thank thank you Keith for enabling this but MY biggest thanks goes to Highlander who has been absolute star and got on board with this from the very start. Much love and respect John but also THANK YOU to all members of CBF. This could never have been done without you all. Sniff sniff. I am off again now. Anne and Barrie..aka Mercury..

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 21:44:22 PM »
Mercury (Anne)

I thank you for your kind words which are, of course, very flattering but also embarrassing.

I only helped with a couple of things – the Grand National Sweepstake and the Olympics. The idea of donating for a copy of the Bar and Restaurant Guide was scunners' if I remember correctly.

Besides which, there are 25 pages recording people who did just as much – people sell football cards in their local club, people organising bags loads of clothes (to be transported by car would you believe), people organising loads of pencils, crayons etc. For a school catalogue, people offering to help with the plumbing, people donating 32” plasma screens and many, many people making donations large and small or organising charity events.

An extensive list of like-minded, generous people coming together on one man’s Forum to do something truly worthwhile.

If scunner's plea that “he is just the one with the website” is to be accepted, then I would genuinely ask that my plea of “I did my bit like loads of others” also be accepted.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 20:58:24 PM »
Forgot to say that there was a little bit of money left in the Bozalan CBF funds so last week we purchased 25 sets of the  blue school uniforms for the youngsters.  Thanks again for enabling us to do this  :)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 18:44:29 PM »
Just wonderful

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 20:50:35 PM »
wonderful pictures the children look so happy

Offline cinders

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 07:56:59 AM »
Just seen this post and find it truly amazing. The pictures before and after left me stunned,
 also made me see that there are truly more nice/kinder people around.
Feeling quite emotional at the effort, outcome, time and sincerity of all involved
God bless xx C
PS will there be another of Keiths Charities 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2014, 22:03:37 PM »
The CBF 3C Bozolan School project has it's own section and it's a while ago now so I will delete the section and move the many topics into the 3Cs section.

But before I do - and it gets lost in a much busier section - I thought you might like to see again (or for the first time perhaps if you are quite new on here) what was achieved. I just read this topic and it still moves me greatly.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2014, 22:25:16 PM »
CBF and it's founder at it's finest   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf