Author Topic: Deary, Deary me !! How sad, what a shame, never mind !!  (Read 3562 times)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Deary, Deary me !! How sad, what a shame, never mind !!
« on: January 22, 2013, 14:49:01 PM »
I am so shocked to read that such a thing could possibly happen in such a beautiful country as Turkey. NOT !!!!
Click the link below, are some people STILL really so feckin' stupid ??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2266210/Grandmother-50-lost-70-000-life-savings-left-homeless-duped-Turkish-toyboy-lover.html

Offline angela

Re: Deary, Deary me !! How sad, what a shame, never mind !!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 15:09:07 PM »
You do have to feel sorry for these poor women on one level, because no doubt they have had poor lives and relationships, but the sheer naivete is staggering, must be in the papers and womens magazines once a month at least!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 15:20:57 PM »
It's one of the staple subjects of CBF, along with the price of Efes and Hisaronu being rubbish - and even with all the tales and as angela says, if you buy 4 "Take a break" type magazines at the airport, there'll usually be two that have a story of this nature in them. In fact, there used to be an English girl resident in Turkey working for Take a Break, she used to come to the office looking for examples locally.

But it is, after all the despair at another one, desperately sad. These guys can be remarkably convincing and brutally cold. They ruin lives and futures without any shame or concern for honesty or honour.

The saddest part is there is nothing you can do, just wait for the car crash. Speak to any of these women before the "sting" and they know all about these stories but they are not stupid, they are "lucky to have found one of the good ones".

Offline scorcher

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 16:01:48 PM »
I'm more concerned about Gordon's source of information !

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 16:14:27 PM »
Scunner, having read a series of crass, gloating comments about this on other sites I really welcome your thoughtful remarks.

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 16:19:11 PM »
Not exactly a paragon of virtue herself was she.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 19:49:41 PM »
personally I feel sorry for the fact that her children do not want to know her,ok she does not sound at all as though she has been a good mother always but it seems because they have lost their inheritance or whatever, either way it all boils down to bloomin money :( the young Turkish man duping her in the first place and then her family not wanting to know her after it all came to light....
All a little bit on the sad side I think :(

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 23:46:02 PM »
Just a thought in the passing....

Whilst not condoning the actions of the fellow who duped this unfortunately lady.....

I do wonder how many cases are there in a season when the boot (if you’ll pardon the terminology) is on the other foot.

I am 100% sure that it is not out with the realms of possibility that women, of a certain persuasion shall we say, play good looking Turkish waiters in order to get what they want with the lure of financial recompense only to pick up their knickers and head off back to Blighty without parting with a single lira.

Should they be pilloried to the same degree.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 00:05:06 AM »
I have no doubt there are British females who visit Turkey with exactly this in mind - in fact I know it to be true. But you are talking about two entirely different things. One is two willing adults (you would hope) each getting a bit of fun that is probably all forgotten tomorrow, the other is a premeditated, targeted effort to separate a woman from her wealth.

I've seen it many times - it is polished, incredibly patient long game. It starts with charm, chivalry and generosity and often ends with a clean pair of heels. But don't take my word for it:   

CBF 2006 (click)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 00:11:41 AM »
Hazel Dorrington, sounds one cool woman! Pity all these other poor souls dont have the foresight that she had. What a fool they must feel!!! A real case of their heart ruling their heads.
 :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf