Author Topic: oykun hotel  (Read 6290 times)

Offline stephengoodall

oykun hotel
« on: February 02, 2013, 12:41:15 PM »
hi
myself and family are staying at oykun in may and was wandering if anyone knows any rough prices of any food or drinks. we did stay in calis in 2009 but was wandering if the prices have gone up much. Any info would be a great help.     thanks steve

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: oykun hotel
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 13:29:16 PM »
Stephen you don't need to ask the same question every day - someone will be along soon enough who knows the answer.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 15:05:25 PM »
We had guests staying at this Hotel in September who were attending our Son's wedding, we called a few times and had a drink.   The prices seemed comparable with the rest of Calis and the food seemed very reasonable priced.  However, you always have the choice of walking(or wandering ;D )down the road and eating and drinking at one of the many other places. 
There is a new place called the Guitar Bar which is just off the main street in Calis in the old square. There is entertainment every night. It was probably the cheapest place we ate at.  We had a couple of drinks and a starter then two huge plates of kebabs with all the trimmings and the price was 48 Lira.

Offline stephengoodall

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 17:17:08 PM »
to scunner. sorry for posting the same question a couple of times I haven't used the site for a while and wasn't sure if I had posted my question under the right topic, at least it sounds like it gave you a laugh.
to Jacqui thanks for taking the time to get back to me i appreciate it. cant wait to go, the kids are so excited ;  :)

Offline turkeysue

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 18:31:44 PM »
stayed at the oykun many times over the years and always found the drinks on a par with the front as was the food...always freshly cooked and tasty..enjoy your stay.......the breakfast is brilliant...sooooooo much to choose from..  :)  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 18:37:43 PM »
to scunner. sorry for posting the same question a couple of times I haven't used the site for a while and wasn't sure if I had posted my question under the right topic, at least it sounds like it gave you a laugh.

It's not a problem at all - I was just saying so answers can stay in one topic (which also benefits people who might come here to ask the same question in future).

My answer is, the Oykun is one of the most recommended hotels on CBF - I have been there many times to meet customers - and bar prices are no different really to the bars and restaurants outside. Which means to me, buy a coke now and again and 2 litres at the shop on the corner for use on the the balcony   :)

Offline stephengoodall

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 19:59:19 PM »
we did think about that but wasn't sure if we are allowed to bring drink in off the complex.  :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 09:44:16 AM »
I have heard that the breakfast at the Oykun is very good, does anyone know if you are not staying there can you go there for a breakfast  :)(and pay for it obviously)sometimes we cant be bothered to walk to the prom  especially during the heat of August....

Offline blueclad

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 11:37:23 AM »
Karennina,
yes you can walk in and pay for breakfast or any meals if you are not staying there , breakfast buffet is excellent , almost always 2 or 3  hot dishes as well included in the price  as many cups of tea / coffee you wish , beware the baked beans are horrid more like big  butter beans  in tomatoe sauce,  i cant remember the cost sorry, its very  reasonable , clients in the roof top apartments [ self catering ] of the hotel and some  locals pop in there  often .

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 11:55:25 AM »
Many thanks Blueclad I have heard such good reports about their breakfast so we will defo be giving it a whirl this summer 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf