Author Topic: St Patricks Day outing  (Read 5446 times)

Offline mikrik

Re: St Patricks Day outing
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 10:40:55 AM »
Irish stew, Champ & Colcannon already on the menu can't find any buttermilk for the soda bread. We have to maintain secrecy just in case the Leprechauns do a sneak raid and kidnap our chef. Wouldn't want him to end up like Shergar
Saoirse if you were here on St Pats day I suspect that,like me, you'd be in no state to sneak off anywhere.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 11:27:38 AM »
Below is a link to a very simple buttermilk substitute:

http://frugalliving.about.com/od/condimentsandspices/r/Buttermilk_Sub.htm

Offline saoirse

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 11:45:31 AM »
Irish stew, Champ & Colcannon already on the menu can't find any buttermilk for the soda bread. We have to maintain secrecy just in case the Leprechauns do a sneak raid and kidnap our chef. Wouldn't want him to end up like Shergar
Saoirse if you were here on St Pats day I suspect that,like me, you'd be in no state to sneak off anywhere.

Lol VERY true David!!!!!

Have a smashing time ( ps convince Eddie its a St Ps day tradition for booze to be half price!!!)

Offline mikrik

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2013, 10:31:40 AM »
Eddie says that you spun him that yarn about half price  beer on the Twelfth of July  :o last year Saoirse and that you forgot your walking stick and went home legless   ;).He's not going to be caught out again. He has now posted his St Patricks Day menu on facebook.  3 courses for 15 Lira. He's sorry there's no Irish Stew but lamb here is too expensive to do at that price.

PS. There are rumours that a Leprechaun was spotted in the village square early this morning .

Offline scorcher

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2013, 12:07:08 PM »
... and there was I thinking that mutton was the stuff for an irish stew.

Offline mikrik

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 14:21:30 PM »
For those taking part in the St Patricks Day Leprechaun hunt the ramble will start at 11.00 am on Sunday 17th. The meeting point will be on the Kemer Rd ( that's the one which goes from the  village square past the top of the Friday market area and out into the countryside) 2.5 kilometres from the mosque. Your guides will be waiting in the field where Oul O'Shaunessy keeps his donkey, if the donkey isn't there just sit down and wait until he turns up.  ;)
At the request of several hunters, the walk will now be divided in to two sections in order to accommodate those with different levels of fitness. The main ramble will be approx 1 hour 20 minutes whereas the shorter (and gentler) walk will be approx 50 mins. This does not allow for drinking time when you find a Leprechaun  ;D
As the Fethiye Hash House Harriers traditionally have a beer or two at the end or their runs everyone  will be welcome to join them for a drink although this will not be free.
We hope to be back at Eddies Place for lunch and more drinks by about 2.00pm.
Strong shoes are recommended.

Offline Denise40

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 08:58:23 AM »
***NEWSFLASH***

Police in Ireland have reported a missing leprechaun, sources say the little fella maybe heading for warmer climates!

Police have issued a photo fit below and ask the public to keep an eye out especially on the 17th March!

Anyone with further information please contact them at www.Leprechaunflyingsquad.com

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 09:14:54 AM »
Is that Tinks?   :)

Offline mikrik

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 15:56:24 PM »
Pretty sure that's him.
We have been asked to make an extra stop for those doing the ramble so there will be a stop at the mosque at 10.45 on Sunday morning and proceed by car to the start point

Offline Denise40

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2013, 16:26:34 PM »
A fun day yesterday for St. Patricks Day, hashing (something new to me) they are all quite mad!! Enjoyed the walk and after activities, the Irish dancing and drinking at every opportunity!

Thanks to Dave & Siohban for organising, I know how stressful it can be!!.  Lunch at Eddy's was very nice and all went smoothly. Thanks to him and all the staff and thanks for everyone for making us newbies feel welcome!

Shame on you guys who did a near 12 hour stint, did you all forget where your home was!! LOL

:angel:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf