Author Topic: expert Istanbul'ers  (Read 3329 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Re: expert Istanbul'ers
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 12:11:44 PM »
Thank you so much for the information, looks like it a stay will need to be longer to take in the closure days.

How great is a Calis forum when you can get so much more info than just Calis  ;D

Offline angela

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 12:26:18 PM »
if you get chance you should do the boat trip up the Bosphorus, the river side mansions are amazing.  You get time to explore en route,   you get off where the Bosphorus joins the Black Sea at a place called Anodolu Kavagi, with fantastic views of the river and the huge ships coming and going, and great places for lunch,  really worth the money

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 13:41:24 PM »
Thank you so much for the information, looks like it a stay will need to be longer to take in the closure days.
If you're only going for a few days then its swings and roundabouts - even if something is closed there is always somewhere else to visit.

Agree about the trip up the Boz - get the ferry from Eminönü at half ten but get off at Rumeli Kavağı rather than Anadolu Kavağı as there are better restaurants.  Three hours for lunch then ferry back down the Boz.  Alternatively, take a dolmus back... 

JF

Offline Marggie

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 17:56:09 PM »
We did Istanbul in January and it was fantastic.  However, I would advise at least a week, as it is very tiring and there is so much to see - maybe sightsee one day and chill the next.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 18:20:29 PM »
If you take Marggie's advice and have some chill days then a ferry trip to one of the Princes' Islands (where Sultans imprisoned sons who might threaten their position) is a nice day out. And you can pay for it on your akbil - the electronic tram/rail pass.

Or if you just want an hour's break you could walk through peaceful and green Gulhane Park (bordering Sultanahmet) and down to the cliffs overlooking the Bosforus (and the scores of big ships waiting to go through to the Black Sea).

Offline wolky

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 19:09:07 PM »
istanbull where is i born and grow up amazing city living 24 hours...if u need help information about istanbul i am here u can ask me any question..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf